We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech with Young Children

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 7
Marrakech with Young Children

Hi Everyone,

I'm due to travel with my 2 children (aged 3 and 6) at the end of August for a week. I intend to stay in Marrakech for 3 nights, followed by 2 nights in Agadir and then 2 nights at the Aqua Fun Park in Marrakech.

Whilst in Marrakech, I intend to visit the Medina, Jema al Fana square, Gardens etc and wanted to know:

1) Is it worth visiting the Atlas Mountains? Most posts advise that there can be some climbing/trekking involved, which would be unsuitable for my 3 year old...I understand that the Atlas Mountains cover a wide area and so wanted to ask if there are any particular spots that would be nice to visit with the kids, maybe involving camel rides etc?

2) Getting to the usual sites (medina, square, gardens)...can this be done on foot or is it better by bus or taxi? We'll be a group of 6 and I hear it is very hot at the moment.

3) Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi driver? I'm travelling as a group of 6 and so was looking at getting private taxis to Agadir and back and also for general sightseeing.

Any other random advice would be much appreciated!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Marrakech with Young Children

Q1) Yes the High Atlas mountains are certainly worth a visit but anywhere worthwhile will take a day of your time from Marrakech. With young kids I would recommend Ouirgane. as a suitable destination.

Q2) Depends on where you are staying! (Apart from the Aqua Fun resort.) From the Ville Nouvelle, Guilez or Hivernage, most attractions within the medina are walkable (assuming your three year old has it's own form of transport!) You would need to use two petite taxis to visit further afield. Staying in the medina means that most attractions are only minutes away except for the major gardens which would need a taxi. See "Petit Taxis" at the top right of your screen for useful information.

Q3) Your hotel should be able to recommend a suitable driver. All riads, the traditional townhouses, certainly will have their own favoured and experienced drivers.

Random advice: yes, for Brits it is on the hot side (around low forties Celsius). Take the usual precautions especially with youngsters (plenty of water, sunblock, hats etc.)

UK
reviews: 7
2. Re: Marrakech with Young Children

Hello,

Many thanks; I'll look into a visit to Ouirgane.

3. Re: Marrakech with Young Children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 28, 2014