We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local football

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stockport
reviews: 6
Local football

I see there are 2 teams in Marrakesh playing in division 2 of the Morroccan league i would like to visit at least 1 or even both so was wondering are the stadiums easy to get to and would there be games in November ? thanks in advance

7 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
1. Re: Local football

Last season both Marrakech teams played in the 2nd division, but the main one (Kawkab Marrakech) finished top so will play in the Botola Pro this season and the other (Olympique Marrakech) finished bottom so got relegated!

Yes there will be games in November - this site carries the fixture info in English:

…soccerway.com/national/…

the usual stadium (Stade Elharti) is in the centre of town and easily accessible, however there is now a brand new stadium on the outskirts of the city (Stade De Marrakech) and some of the bigger matches might be played there next season.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Local football

lepy, you would need to be an incredibly committed footie fan to see marrakshi football! However nabrika provides the details. Good luck!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
3. Re: Local football

I would also add that some of the matches can get a bit fiesty between rival supporters - there was a bit of trouble last season at the Marrakech derby and a lot of problems before a big match between Raja Casablanca and FAR Rabat

But these are extreme occasions rather than the norm.

stockport
reviews: 6
4. Re: Local football

Thanks for your replies you should go to Droylsden VS Stalybrbridge in english non league that gets very bad too i will hopefully go to Olympique as i can imagine they will be a bit less trouble i pressume they play in the old stadium or do the both play in the new one ?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
5. Re: Local football

Not too sure how it will go this season after the promotion and relegation - but OM will definitely not play at the new stadium as it is far too big for them, in fact they might even end up playing at an even smaller ground than Stade Elharti. I think it will depend on the opposition and demand.

Really you are better off going to a Kawkab match as it is easier to find info about where and when they play

Cheltenham
reviews: 43
6. Re: Local football

Will Kawkab Marrakech v FUS Rabat played at the new stadium?

Is it a male only domain or OK for kids?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
7. Re: Local football

As far as I can tell, all Kawkab matches are now taking place at the new stadium - it is about 10km out of town on the road to Casablanca: http://goo.gl/maps/kFXuB

I haven't yet got round to going to the new stadium so can't comment on getting there and back, as mentioned in the other thread it is very much a male only domain.

Reply to: Local football
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted