We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Risanni

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
Getting to Risanni

Hi all,

I have a big problem, when I approached the company for my trip to the desert I was told there was regular bus to Rissani from Marrakech but I'm unable to find details and I'm leaving on the 1st of September (I know terrible planning but flying by the seat of my pants is far more fun).

Does anyone know how I would go about getting from Marrakech to Rissani and back for a reasonable fee?

Edited: 9:35 am, August 19, 2013
8 replies to this topic
Luton
reviews: 7
1. Re: Getting to Risanni

My Rough Guide tells me that there are three buses daily leaving Marrakech's gare routiere for Rissani which take 12 hours ....

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 40
2. Re: Getting to Risanni

Would highly recommend Soupratour bus that leave around 8 ish am, comfortable, safe & clean. the company is part of ONCF--- www,oncf.ma

Luton
reviews: 7
3. Re: Getting to Risanni

.... but if you take the Supratours option, Tom, you would need to head to Avenue Hassan II where you will find the Supratours bus station just west of the train station.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
4. Re: Getting to Risanni

Google 'marrakech rissani bus'

Stockholm, Sweden
5. Re: Getting to Risanni

It is not difficult to take you by Supratour from Marrakech to Rissani. Ask someone about Supratour bus station, at your hotel or every taxi driver take you right, if you would have problem to find it.

reviews: 3
6. Re: Getting to Risanni

Just as an update if anyone has the same probelm getting from Rissani to Marrakech I managed to get a Supratours bus from the Supratours station immediately to the left of the main train station (about 150m down the street). This cost me 240 dihrams (Sep 2013) left at 0830 and arrived around 2030. It was comfortable and stopped around 3 times to get out, get some food and use the toilet which was plenty for me. There are also local buses that will go to Rissani and Merzouga but I've heard these will take a lot longer to arrive (13-17 hours depending on which one you get). I also went to the CTM station but I was told there was no bus directly to Rissani and I would have to change somewhere.

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Getting to Risanni

So, Tom, what did you do in Rissani? Did you stay there or did you continue to Merzouga?

How did you like it there? Any interesting details would be appreciated.

Stockholm, Sweden
8. Re: Getting to Risanni

yes, let us know what you did, Tom, please.

Reply to: Getting to Risanni
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted