We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy caftan for wedding?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 1
Where to buy caftan for wedding?

Hi everyone,

Where in Marrakech is a good place to buy caftans fit for wedding? Any local designers known for creating wedding caftans? Thank you so much your input!

8 replies to this topic
1. Re: Where to buy caftan for wedding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, July 29, 2013

Marrakech, Morocco
2. Re: Where to buy caftan for wedding?

there is so many in the Medina, and in the new city of Marrakech too Geuliz.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
3. Re: Where to buy caftan for wedding?

My wife asked advice and was pointed to an upmarket shop with beautiful djellabas and takchitas, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takchita

She enquired of the price and countered this with an offer of 25%. The owner was outraged and showed her the door. I couldn't stop laughing and I've never been forgiven for this (even though it's 20+ years ago).

So normal haggling rules go out of the window when it's real quality. Oh, and my wife's auntie? No way. ;)

Edited: 3:02 pm, July 29, 2013
San Francisco...
4. Re: Where to buy caftan for wedding?

Oh, okay. Thanks!

San Francisco...
5. Re: Where to buy caftan for wedding?

Thanks for the advice. Nope, I don't haggle for quality merchandise. I've been trained in Egypt and Tunisia. As for wikipedia website, I don't even go there.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
6. Re: Where to buy caftan for wedding?

"As for wikipedia website, I don't even go there."

Duh? What you need is a takchita, not a kaftan.

7. Re: Where to buy caftan for wedding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, October 31, 2013

London, United...
reviews: 34
8. Re: Where to buy caftan for wedding?

In the heart of the covered souk of Marrakech there are many shops that sell this quality of robe. Some are in (for want of a better description) in little arcades tucked away and off the main route. I've not actually bought anything of this quality but I do know ther prices are much higher than I expected. That being said I still believe the price was acceptable for the quality of fabric and work involved.

There are also some companies on line that do mail order. If you require a link to one pleaes let me know and I will forward it to you. I have not bought from them though so I cannot comment on their service only on the beautiful designs that I keep seeing.

Reply to: Where to buy caftan for wedding?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted