We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakesh - Casa - Essaouria = Planes, Trains or taxi's?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 3
Marrakesh - Casa - Essaouria = Planes, Trains or taxi's?

Hi planning to Fly into Marrakesh with the family (6 in total), looking to stay in the main square for about 2 days and then head up to Casablanca (Hassan II masjid) overnight (stay if i must) and then head down to Essaouria for two nights then back to Marrakesh. What’s the best way to get round please? Looking at using the Train as they are most likely cheaper than the planes or Taxi's? Any suggestions / support appreciated thanks.

14 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
11. Re: Marrakesh - Casa - Essaouria = Planes, Trains or taxi's?

you can fit suitcases in luggage racks on the trains - although holdall would be easier

also to Dibs, if your family of 6 are happy to squeeze into a grand taxi then it should not cost you that much more than 6 1st class train tickets to Casablanca (140dh each way) - it is often faster by road than train as there is motorway from Marrakech to Casablanca. Depends if you are all adults or if there are kids as well I suppose.

For Essaouria take the Supratours coach or grand taxi is an option again, but this time the coach will be cheaper and probably not much slower.

Leeds, United...
reviews: 3
12. Re: Marrakesh - Casa - Essaouria = Planes, Trains or taxi's?

Cheers for the tips, Two days are plenty for Marrakesh as i have been before, hence will now the main sites to see and in evening wonder about the square etc. The main stop is Essaouria, beach, quads, wind surfing etc. the kids will love it too. The trip up to Casa is just to see the Masjid because its been on my to-do list for ages since i have seen a programme about it on the Tele..

I am planning to head across to Marrakesh in early September, not sure about the Temperures mind you, it should have cooled down a bit by then i guess? will it be good enough for the beach?

Cheers in advance.

13. Re: Marrakesh - Casa - Essaouria = Planes, Trains or taxi's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:39 am, October 28, 2013

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 27
14. Re: Marrakesh - Casa - Essaouria = Planes, Trains or taxi's?

My advice would be to hire a private driver for the day, they will have a 7 seater air-conditioned vehicle (usually a Hyundai), and you will get 6 people and all your luggage in there comfortably.

I would say you would be looking to pay between £110-£130 for the whole day, that would be a pickup from Marrakech, take you to see whatever you like in Casablanca, then take you from Casablanca to Essaouira. I think it will cost more if you take a train to Casablanca, taxis around Casablanca, train back and then a coach to Essaouira.

If you want details of the private driver I use, send me a private message and I will pass his details onto you.

The Masjid in Casablanca is stunning, it is well worth taking the day out to see it (in my opinion). The traffic around Casablanca at rush hour can be a nightmare, I would compare it to rush hour in London.....try to avoid else it will take you an hour or more to just get out of the city..........

The Koutoubia Masjid in Marrakech also has some stunning architecture, it is open for prayers, so if you make time to go there for prayers, you can have a good look around after.......

For quad biking in Essaouira, take a look at PalmaQuad, the owner Rachid is a nice chap and will look after you, he is very safety conscious and his bikes are in very good condition.

Reply to: Marrakesh - Casa - Essaouria = Planes, Trains or taxi's?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted