We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days itenary

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 51
10 days itenary

Hi to everyone at forum

Our family 0f 4 have made following programme

Arrive marrakech on 14th December,stay overnight,on 15th take a night train to tangier.stay 16 and 17th

in tangier,leave 18th for fez.stay in fez for 3 nights.leave fez on 21st for marrakech again stay 3nights in marrakech.( i want to squeeze in mohamediya for a day but dont know if its possible)

leave for uk on 24th.Is this feasible? Information on train and bus timetable and any other suggestions welcome.

thanks in advance

1. Re: 10 days itenary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:06 pm, October 28, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
2. Re: 10 days itenary

yes it is feasible and can all be done by train - check this website for train schedule: http://www.oncf.ma/

although I agree with John that Tangier would not be top of my list

Edited: 6:02 am, July 05, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: 10 days itenary

I also agree with the replies above: Tangier is a long trip by train from Marrakech and the city has little to offer the tourist (not nothing, but not a lot either). The port of Mohammedia, at the centre of the petrochemical industries has some attractive features but Fes and Marrakech, at least in my opinion, offer so much more.

In only ten days you could take a day trip to Meknes (another Imperial city), Moulay Idriss (a venerated Islamic town) and the Roman ruins at Volubilis.

From Marrakech a day trip into the foothills of the High Atlas mountains is achievable - I would recommend Ouirgane (or for an overnight excursion perhaps Imlil).

uk
4. Re: 10 days itenary

Well i based my programmed on a suggestion from a local who lives in safi.Essouria in december,it will be cold wouldn't it? Mohmmadia was close to casablanca thats why i added on list,but its look like nobody suggesting it so i decided to omit this.will definately go for a day trip to atlas mountain-but my wife dont like walking a lot.We like seeing historical buildings and cities.john is safi and aljidida have budget hotels.Any other must do things in my visit?

uk
5. Re: 10 days itenary

Well i based my programmed on a suggestion from a local who lives in safi.Essouria in december,it will be cold wouldn't it? Mohmmadia was close to casablanca thats why i added on list,but its look like nobody suggesting it so i decided to omit this.will definately go for a day trip to atlas mountain-but my wife dont like walking a lot.We like seeing historical buildings and cities.john is safi and aljidida have budget hotels.Any other must do things in my visit?

Edited: 7:51 am, July 07, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
6. Re: 10 days itenary

All of the Atlantic coastal towns and cities can be cold in winter. John will be too modest to recommend his home town of El Jadida but it is a very pleasant little town with a long history and architectural features. Yes, there are budget hotels. Use the search function to discover them and/or change to the El Jadida forum and use the top green navigation bar to discover them. If your wife is not too keen on walking then I really do re-recommend a day trip to Ouirgane from Marrakech.

For other ideas click on the 'Things to Do' tab on the green navigation bar: there are many suggestions from previous travelers and indeed residents!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 35
7. Re: 10 days itenary

We don't know what you like and don't like and to cover all the options would involve writing a Victorian novel. Best to get a guidebook, have a good read and come back here with specific questions.

8. Re: 10 days itenary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:06 pm, October 28, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
9. Re: 10 days itenary

alamUK:

as you say that you like historical buildings and cities, I would focus your time around Marrakech and Fes with perhaps a couple of daytrips from each.

In my opinion, December is not really the best time to be visiting the coastal spots. Essaouira in particular can get quite windy and rain is not unusual at that time of year.

If you want to stop somewhere on the way to Fes to break up the journey then consider a night in Casablanca (mostly for the Hassan II Mosque) or even Rabat as they are easily accessible by train.

Edited: 11:13 am, July 07, 2013
uk
10. Re: 10 days itenary

As i mentioned 3 days in marrakech and 3days in fez. nebrika what daytrip you suggest from marrakech and fez.. Pilobulus your suggestion for daytrip to Ourigane from marrakech,i will look into it.Timcullis i have DK eyewitness book i have been reading.Marrakech and Fez is decided its just one another city i have to decide.I have started thinking about El-jadida and casa.