We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maidenhead. uk
reviews: 9
Currency

Hi, going to Marrakech on wed, am I best getting the currency before through Thomsons or when I get to Marrakech airport?

Thanks,

Richard

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
1. Re: Currency

At Marrakech. Either at the airport, your hotel, or a bank in town.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
2. Re: Currency

Read this, you may find it informative:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293730-s601/Morocco:…

Luton
reviews: 6
3. Re: Currency

You are very likely to get a better rate at hotels such as Hotel Ali or Riad Omar rather than at the airport or even than at banks. Both of these hotels, handily located just off Jemaa al-Fna, have official exchange facilities which have the added advantage of being open longer hours than the banks.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
4. Re: Currency

Hi,

You will not really get a significant difference in exchange rate in Marrakech wherever you go.

5. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:06 pm, October 28, 2013
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
6. Re: Currency

Actually I've always seen better rates at Hotel Ali.

Luton
reviews: 6
7. Re: Currency

.... and the reason why Riad Omar offers similar rates to Hotel Ali is, so I have been led to understand, because of their linked ownership ....

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
8. Re: Currency

I've had better rates (marginally) at banks and bureaus than at the Ali.

9. Re: Currency

I was told that they had a fixed rate across Marrakech and that you can't get the currency before you go because it stays in the country x

Cosham, null...
reviews: 40
10. Re: Currency

the Moroccan currency is a closed currency so cannot be bought outside the country or taken back out so you have to get the money when you arrive! i've been told that its better to get it from hotels and not the airport