We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be very very careful by booking online !!!

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 41
Be very very careful by booking online !!!

In March, I booked one riad in Marrakech but canceled immediately, 16 days before arrival, because of their lewd and rude response to some questions I had. Now, three months later, they charged my card for the full amount, ie 100%.

I contacted booking.com and was told that I misunderstood the clause "If cancelled up to 7 days before date of arrival, 100 percent of the first two nights will be charged. If cancelled later or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged."

It is a bit unclear text and I thought it means then on the seventh day before arrival. But if I cancel the eight days before so I not will be charged anything.

But in fact it means all the time, ie even if you book and then cancel one year before arrival, they will charge your card with 100% anyway.

It has never happened to me before that some hotel would charge the full amount. To take a fee 10-15% of the price, it can be understood, but not 100% - I regard it as a theft really, rude and not polite or how I can say.

Therefore I write this review and warn all by booking online, be sure however that you right understand their clause on booking so that you do not run into the same thing as me.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
11. Re: Be very very careful by booking online !!!

Quite a few riads in Marrakech have a policy like this, I agree that this one is not clearly worded but it does look like you should have been charged for 2 nights.

15 Euros is a standard rate that the drivers charge the riad for airport transfers, it is not a high price and the reason the riad would not agree to 10 Euros is because they would not be able to get a driver for this amount.

I don't know if the short responses to the emails you were getting were due to rudeness or if the responder did not speak/write fluent English.

The Scottish Borders
reviews: 57
12. Re: Be very very careful by booking online !!!

Have been checking back old emails and booking.com send out confirmation of cancellation emails with any applicable cancellation charges stated - did you get an email like this from them?

13. Re: Be very very careful by booking online !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:11 pm, October 28, 2013
London
reviews: 21
14. Re: Be very very careful by booking online !!!

Khamlia did state full amount charged to card. Afraid it has to be a hard lesson learnt to fully read and understand booking conditions first. I have had two bookings with booking.com recently - the first let me cancel upto day of arrival with no penalty costs - the second hotel, because discounted rate, I will be fully charged for cancellation at anytime. Booking.com have different penalty clauses depending on hotel and which rate quoted.

Edited: 4:15 pm, July 03, 2013
15. Re: Be very very careful by booking online !!!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:11 pm, October 28, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 41
16. Re: Be very very careful by booking online !!!

Yes, it is what I say.

And because that I want to warn the people to right understand and be rely careful by booking, so they not did do the same mistake. Because it is a little difference between

"until 7 days"

and

"up to 7 days"

So riad should correct theirs word so noone can misunderstand!.

17. Re: Be very very careful by booking online !!!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 05, 2014