We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Tikida Garden Hotel

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands
reviews: 14
Riu Tikida Garden Hotel

Hi guys,

I'm staying at the Riu Tikida Garden Hotel in October for 7 nights. I have read that there is a hotel-run bus to the resort centre during the day. Is the resort centre the "Medina". I hope so as I plan on going there during our stay.

If not, what is the best/cheapest way to get from this hotel to the Medina?

Thanks in advance :)

Lauren

7 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
1. Re: Riu Tikida Garden Hotel

Hi Lauren,

The hotel you plan to stay in is just 3km away from the Medina, and the bus you are talking about goes in the old quarter several times a day, so there is no need to worry.

Enjoy your stay!

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
2. Re: Riu Tikida Garden Hotel

It would be best to double check where the bus stops. It used to be Place du 16 novembre in Gueliz, but this may have changed.

If you don't take the bus you can take a taxi. There are usually grand taxis parked outside the hotel entrance. Cost should 100MAD in the day, 150MAD in the evening. A petit taxi would be 15 MAD on the meter in the day.

Edinburgh
reviews: 2
3. Re: Riu Tikida Garden Hotel

I've seen other posts saying about trying to bid the taxis down. Is this usual practice?..

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
4. Re: Riu Tikida Garden Hotel

Hi,

heremyreply has given the prices you should aim to pay so if a grand taxi driver asks for more you talk them down to these prices.

West Midlands
reviews: 14
5. Re: Riu Tikida Garden Hotel

Thanks everyone :-)

Ballymena, United...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Riu Tikida Garden Hotel

We stayed at this hotel in August. The shuttle bus runs to the new town. The drop-off point is about a 20 minute walk from the medina, although you could get a taxi. Enjoy your stay!

London, United...
reviews: 53
7. Re: Riu Tikida Garden Hotel

A good tip - Trust me - If you decide to get a taxi anywhere, do NOT get the taxis directly outside that hotel, walk a little up the road to the main road (3 min walk at most) and flag a taxi there! Much Much Cheaper, the ones waiting outside the hotel rip you off big time!

The shuttle times are posted up in the reception of the hotel and drop you off at Place Du 16 Novembre

Reply to: Riu Tikida Garden Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted