We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money.

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 4
Spending money.

I'm going to Marrakech from 15th of July until the 19th of July and was wondering how much spending money I would need to be able to eat out, see the sights and enjoy a bit of shopping in the markets?

Any help would be appreciated as its my first time going to Marrakech and I've got no idea about anything :)

5 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 53
1. Re: Spending money.

Hi,

Type spending money into the search box above your post for loads of previously posted information and advice.

Newcastle under Lyme
reviews: 2
2. Re: Spending money.

Hi, I went to Marrakech in Sept last year and am going back in October this year. I found that food and drinks - non alcoholic - were relatively cheap. I would suggest you eat in the square at the stalls in the evening, for about 5 quid a time. If you want a splurge go for one of the nice restaurants but it will be 25/30 per person. I found shopping quite cheap as well, lots of trinkets are just a few pounds unless you want the expensive stuff then expect no upper limit. Hope you enjoy it Peta

United Kingdom
reviews: 44
3. Re: Spending money.

If you don't want to be conned out of money don't tell any locals it is your first time in Morocco because they will rip you off!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 53
4. Re: Spending money.

No Matt W, it is your responsibility not to be "conned" and the only person who is "ripped off" is the one who didn't do enough research on the forum before visiting.

No-one can force anyone to buy stuff they don't agree to paying for. Just say La Shukran!

Dixon
reviews: 17
5. Re: Spending money.

My biggest expense was taxis. Too easy to get ripped off. Even when I knew what a reasonable fare was, many drivers refused to take me at that price. Bus service is easy and cheap but schedules for day trips are not often convenient. (Example--lines to Ouzoud leave early am and late pm, so if you miss the bus you'll end up paying a fortune for a grand taxi.) It would have saved me money in the long run to book my extra excursions thru the riads but I hate travelling in groups.

Reply to: Spending money.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted