We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday dinner in Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Birthday dinner in Marrakech

Hey everyone

I'm looking for a nice restaurant for a birthday dinner next Tuesday (2nd July). It needs to have a good choice of vegetarian food and be reasonably priced, ie. 2 starters, 2 main courses, shared dessert, bottle of house wine- no more than 800 MAD for a couple. A 'happy hour' where we can get some drinks before for a good price would be great too, as we know that alcohol in bars and restaurants can be expensive in Marrakech.

Would like somewhere with Moroccan cuisine, and romantic and traditional in design- but no belly dancers/loud music/anything remotely tourist trap-like. If it's somewhere where we can all dress up a bit, that's a bonus too :)

Many thanks!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Birthday dinner in Marrakech

Try searching through the posts here:

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Your requirements are so specific that you may find it difficult to locate an establishment that 'ticks all the boxes'! All restaurants in Marrakech are tourist orientated; Moroccans nearly always eat in the family home.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
2. Re: Birthday dinner in Marrakech

I would recommend Al Fassia - check the reviews on here, you must book

although do note that you will not get a big variety of veggie options in most Moroccan restaurants (better to go to an Italian place for that) - however there is a great Moroccan salad selection that is meant to be shared as a starter but could easily serve as a main meal

BTW do check out Earth Cafe one day - it is the only vegetarian restaurant in Marrakech.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
3. Re: Birthday dinner in Marrakech

Hi,

In my opinion Al Fassia is a dreadful choice for vegetarian food. Yes you could have mixed salads for a starter but your only main course option is the vegetable couscous.

A lunch or evening option apart from the birthday evening is the Souk Kafe which has not only vegetarian choices but also vegan.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
4. Re: Birthday dinner in Marrakech

souk cafe is nice enough - but it is more cafe than restaurant so not really a place to dress up for a bday dinner. Do they even serve alcohol there? I cant remember myself

You are right about limited veggie choice at al fassia but i often go with a veggie friend who loves having the huge salad spread

as I mentioned, if you want a nice place with veggie choice then it is better to head to one of the decent italian places.

norfolk
reviews: 30
5. Re: Birthday dinner in Marrakech

are you staying in a riad? some of the best food we had was in our riad - and you should be able to discuss your menu preferences with them. just a thought...

6. Re: Birthday dinner in Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 30, 2014