We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Food

In the square jemma el fna, which stall has got the best chips?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 61
1. Re: Food

Hi,

IMHO number 1 Aicha.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Food

Haven't visited all the stalls of course but number one is a favourite of mine too. (Deep fried conger eel is great too to go along with your chips!)

3. Re: Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 28, 2013
Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
4. Re: Food

None. They don't serve chips, just french fries. Not the same in my opinion!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 61
5. Re: Food

Also remember that if you ask for chips you will be given crisps, you need to ask for fries and then you get chips. Confusing for Americans!

I am sure that if you asked for vinegar it would magically appear (or take your own ;-)

Edited: 3:46 pm, June 26, 2013
6. Re: Food

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
7. Re: Food

Only the Brits could have a discussion about chips! However I always thought that French fries (pomme frites) were synonymous with chips, and Wikilpedia agrees.

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Food

Have any of you guys eaten those sandwiches that the locals (and me) like, made from patties of ground up fish, deep fried or grilled? Hard to tell what the meat is really as it is spiced up nicely and then other things are added as a topping, salad items and frites. Then loads of mayonnaise and ketchup.

5 dirhams only, and they are filling.

I can just hear JohnW now! ;=)

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
9. Re: Food

Hi Pilobolus - on this occasion wikipedia is wrong! :)

Chips are big and potatoey - french fries are not!

Totally different products in the heresmyreply-pedia!

10. Re: Food