We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, NY
non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

hi, i was wondering if anyone knows of any COMPLETELY non-smoking hostels in Marrakech? (meaning that smoking is not allowed in the rooms, NOR in the common rooms, the entire building is smoke-free?) i am asking ONLY about hostels, and only hostels that have private rooms. I am not asking about hotels.

also:

does anyone know if Rainbow Marrakech is non-smoking?

how about Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge, non-smoking?

1. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:30 pm, October 28, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
2. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

John W: because i'm not going to pay to call them from the US.

i tried emailing Rouge, no response yet.

does anyone know if there is an email address for Rainbow?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
3. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

Are we talking tobacco here? ;)

The answer to your questions will be no. Maybe a higher priced establishment, but not a hostel.

Brooklyn, NY
4. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

Tim: Yes, tobacco, ha.

are there atleast hostels that dont allow smoking in the bedrooms? Even if they allow it in the common rooms.

Any info on Rainbow or Rose?

Edited: 3:25 pm, June 25, 2013
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
5. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

Hi,

The easiest way to find an answer is maybe to send a message via their profiles to a couple of reviewers of each hostel asking your specific question.

Good luck but I'd be surprised if you find a completely non smoking hostel in Morocco (the staff are likely to be smokers after all).

England, United...
reviews: 39
6. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

Not exactly a No Smoking establishment but, as a non smoker who hates inhaling other people's cigarette smoke and the stale smells that linger in bedrooms, I can recommend Hotel Cecil which is located behind Café Glacier on the Djemaa el Fna Square.

I've now stayed there a couple of times and found it to be airy and clean enough not to be a problem.

www.djemaaelfnahotelcecil.com/index.html

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
7. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

A rather strange comment boringFS as good old Boris has just announced that London is the most polluted city/town in the UK. Secondary smoking is a tiny problem compared to the health damaging effects of road traffic. This is an emotive argument and not a scientific one (often promoted by ex-smokers!) Frankly the anti smoking brigade will find Morocco uncomfortable where the majority of folks and their grannies smoke! I am not saying that this is a good thing (speaking as a former ex-smoker but not of the proselytising type) and tobacco smoking is on the slight decrease here.

Brooklyn, NY
8. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

Thanks so much! does Hotel Cecil have air conditioning, in the private single bedrooms?

Edited: 2:04 pm, June 27, 2013
9. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:31 pm, October 28, 2013
England, United...
reviews: 39
10. Re: non-smoking hostels in Marrakech?

Pilobolus2011 - if your comment re London and smoking/pollution is a reflection on my location then you will have to take it with TA as I cannot get my true location to register!

To be honest, I did not find Marrakech too bad when it came to smokers and smoking - in the streets, souks, restaurants etc - but that may be partly because I'm used to Egypt which is far worse. Also that fact that you can be outside so much, including eating out, helps.

Jw - I believe some, but not all, of the rooms do have airconditionig. Having stayed in both October and March I've not needed it for heat or cool, although when it was warm having a window that opens out onto the inner court yard was a bonus. Take a look at the website and if you have questions email them. My review on TA can be found here headed 'Ticks all the right boxes':

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT