We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money, money, money

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Money, money, money

So I've trawled all the sites I can find, I have a list as long as my arm of all the places I want to see but I'm having difficulty finding up to date (i.e this year) info on cost of living. Boyfriend and I are out there in October for 10 days. We've managed to get a fairly cushy B&B deal at a resort hotel so I would like to know how much people spent on lunch / dinner.

We are trying to stay on a budget so we'll be round the street stalls most nights but would like to go to one or two decent restaurants. how much are the stalls usually and does anyone have any restaurant recommendations?

Also, the info on alcohol seems really mixed. What were people's experience with drinking over there. Was it easy to find? Price? Did it taste any good?!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 65
1. Re: Money, money, money

you can eat a meal for as little as £2/3 if you are happy to eat at basic places. Nicer restaurants will cost the same as upmarket places in the UK and alcohol prices can be even higher! You can pay anything between 15dh and 90dh for a bottle of beer depending on where to choose to drink it.

Click the 'Restaurants' tab at the top of the page for reviews of place to eat. The stalls are relatively cheap (say £5/6 per head) but are aimed at tourists so you can get the same food cheaper elsewhere.

Alcohol is readily available and the local beer and wine is decent enough, but sometimes it is a bit hidden away (especially in the Old Town) so many tourists seem not to find it - here is some info of recommended places:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k6…

Leeds, United...
2. Re: Money, money, money

Cool so on a 'Cheap day' (i.e. just eating at the stalls) £15 a day for lunch and dinner should be ok?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 65
3. Re: Money, money, money

Yes £15/day is plenty - BTW the stalls in Jma El Fna are only set up in the evening.

check the reviews on here of these 'cheap eats' recommendations:

Toubkal, Winoo, Cafe Mama Africa, Al Bahriya

4. Re: Money, money, money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:30 pm, October 28, 2013
5. Re: Money, money, money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, June 26, 2014