We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toilets

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brighton england
reviews: 34
toilets

are toilets in riads western style with flushing water or hole in the floor style, thanks

norfolk
reviews: 30
11. Re: toilets

actually - there are many causes of cystitus-type infections, and non of them are related to lavatories or the hygiene thereof. significantly - one cause is the use of wet wipe type products....

squat toilets are, in many parts of the world, considered to promote more hygienic and efficient lavatory habits. there are, however, certain 'knacks' to learn before they are easy to use for a newbie. this may be helpful

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Squat-Toilet

above all - never, ever, put anything down a squatty which has not been through you! they back up and overflow waaay faster than you can run....

personally, i would rather use a squatty than a western pan, which may not actually be connected to anything, either floor, wall or plumbing!

Taroudannt...
reviews: 3
12. Re: toilets

I have a squat toilet in my apartment in Taroudant, and I like it. Easy to keep clean for one thing. It only takes a few times to get the ligaments in the knees stretched, but after that it's easy once you learn exactly where to place your feet. Right on target!

Moroccans seem to have the ability to use a squat toilet without completely removing all their clothing; I don't know how they do it, and I can't really ask someone to let me watch! After 4 years, I still take everything off.

13. Re: toilets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:12 pm, October 28, 2013
portsmouth
reviews: 9
14. Re: toilets

This reminds me of one holiday spent in Asilah in accommodation hired by my in-laws. All the toilets were of the squat type and my young son refused point blank to use them and we had to buy a child's potty for his sole use. The joys of travelling with children!

Dixon
reviews: 20
15. Re: toilets

I found that at many tourist sites (Cascades,etc), rest stops and bus stations with a row of squat toilets will often have one that is western style. Usually it's the first stall on the left.

16. Re: toilets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 23, 2014