We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toilets

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brighton england
reviews: 26
toilets

are toilets in riads western style with flushing water or hole in the floor style, thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
1. Re: toilets

almost always western style

Florida
reviews: 6
2. Re: toilets

Every riad and hotel we stayed in had western toilets. The only time I saw

'feet" style was in a cafe in a village. Even in a cafe in Ait Ben Haddou there

was a western toilet, although not anchored to the floor very well!

Leeds, United...
reviews: 44
3. Re: toilets

The toilets we went into in the Riads are all western style and flushing. Just watch the cafe's - whilst mostly the same, often no toilet paper, light bulbs etc!

brighton england
reviews: 26
4. Re: toilets

thanks everyone

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
5. Re: toilets

the hole in the ground used to be the case in rustic places and remote villages

6. Re: toilets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:10 pm, October 28, 2013
Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
7. Re: toilets

I have lived in four apartments that were "equipped" with hole-in-the-floor toilets. Two of which were new build apartments!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
8. Re: toilets

There's nothing wrong with a squat toilet as long as it is clean. Very good for your leg muscles.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 32
9. Re: toilets

When we were there 90./.where sit down toilets with the usual Moroccan woman at the door expecting money for 2 pieces of toilet paper .i took my own wet wipes but still came back with a bladder infection .i would have preferred hole in the floor as I feel they our more hygienic in these sort of hot countries but saying that I have seen a lot worst elsewear

Thornton Cleveleys...
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 22
10. Re: toilets

Ladies may wish to consider purchasing a she-wee or something similar if they are concerned about the toilet issue. They're pretty useful for some British public toilets too!

BirminghamRebecca, I assume you mean you got cystitis from not emptying the bladder properly when squatting. This is perfectly normal and common but I wanted to point out that you can't "catch" a UTI from a toilet seat. Just in case people were worried.

Edited: 10:53 pm, June 20, 2013