We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco destiantion advice

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Morocco destiantion advice

Hi All, To celebrate my father's 70th birthday we are planning to take him to Morocco. So far that's the only decision we have made. There will a group of around 8 adults and 7 children. We are looking to go in early August and hire a Villa for the whole group.

They are looking for a relaxing holiday with some sight seeing. So it would be ideal near a quiet beach or Villa with swimming pool etc with the children. Mountains and desert is very also appealing so somewhere we have access to most of these would be ideal. Any recommendations you can make regarding the location of stay or villas etc would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: Morocco destiantion advice

I don't have knowledge of villas for hire, if this is really important for the group, you might find that you are restricting your choice of venues.

August can be impossibly hot in places like Marrakech and Ouarzazate, with *shade* temperatures in excess of 40ºC. So I would suggest you head for either the mountains or the coast. Essaouira is popular with some but not much to do other than wander the town. Agadir is a Spanish-costa type of resort which obviously appeals to some (but not me). My suggestion would be to fly into Agadir, hire a car, and split your time between two places

—Tafrouate and the Ameln Valley in the Anti-Atlas mountains, a region of magical pink quartzite rocks, and

—Sidi Ifni, Legzira and Mirleft on the Atlantic coast to the west of Tafraoute.

Check out these places on Looklex: http://looklex.com/morocco/index.htm

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Morocco destiantion advice

Try here:

tripadvisor.com/morocco-vacation-rentals.html

for vacation rentals throughout Morocco as the starting point for your search. You have posted on the Marrakech forum but this will give you an idea of other (cooler) locations.

London
3. Re: Morocco destiantion advice

Thanks Tim. We are not limiting to just Villa as its a last minute plan. The 40s would be too hot so we will stick to the mountains or the coast as you say.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 40
4. Re: Morocco destiantion advice

In the desert it can be hot so I suggest you to forget it for the August and do it on Autumn or Spring, or even Winter. But not in the Summer.

5. Re: Morocco destiantion advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 19, 2014