We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring from Marrakech?!

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Touring from Marrakech?!

I have been following the trip advisor fourms, but I still have a question. We will be in Marrakech for five nights this October. I know it is very cliche but I would love to take a camel trip into the dessert and get that iconic shot of the sunset with the string of camels!! Excuse me for being touristy, but hey in Morocco I am a tourist! My question is can I do this kind of a trip with just one overnight tour from Marrakech or do I need to do a two day tour. We do have five nights in Marrakech but really one is an arrival day, and we fly out in the morning of our sixth day. For all of you who have been to Marrakech should I take two full days out of my five to go outside Marrakech or should I spend my time exploring Marrakech. P.S. I do not think I will be in this part of the world again, so I want to make the best out of the time I have. Thanks for any info!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
1. Re: Touring from Marrakech?!

Look to the top right under top questions for 'Desert Trips from Marrakech - Useful Info'.

The upshot is that you don't have enough time in Morocco to do this sort of trip unless you dedicate ALL of your time to it.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Touring from Marrakech?!

Sorry to disappoint you but a desert trip is simply not doable in the time allocated. As Tim says you would sacrifice everything else. My advice would be stay in and explore Marrakech and take a day trip into the High Atlas mountains for a complete contrast.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
3. Re: Touring from Marrakech?!

you can take a camel ride in Marrakech itself, you don't need to go to the desert for that

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
4. Re: Touring from Marrakech?!

Hi,

This may interest you for a day out or overnight "desert" experience;

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293734-d676623…

Vancouver
5. Re: Touring from Marrakech?!

Thanks for all the advise. I think I will keep my desert trip for another time!

6. Re: Touring from Marrakech?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 20, 2014