We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Specific Clothing Question

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 7
Quick Specific Clothing Question

Hey all,

So i've done some shopping and have bought 2 maxi length skirts, but im in morocco for 6 days and know ill want to also wear jeans some days. I only own skinny jeans (I'm 26, give me a break lol) and was wondering if wearing a tunic top that covers my behind and at least comes down to the thighs would be enough? I know that some local girls wear skinny jeans, but i hear it's often purposely to attract attention, which obviously i dont want. So, will that suffice, or am i looking to buy another pair of looser pants? It just sucks because I know i won't wear another style outside of this trip.

Thanks!

Thornton Cleveleys...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Quick Specific Clothing Question

I can't see that being a problem at all - lots of girls wear fitted jeans to school. I agree that a loose tunic top is a better idea than something short and tight but the jeans themselves should be fine.

Make sure you take comfy shoes by the way. I think there must be something in the water that enables Marrakchi women to negotiate the medina in 5 inch heels - but I wouldn't advise trying it yourself!

New York City, New...
2. Re: Quick Specific Clothing Question

thanksfor the quick answer! yes im looking for a nice loose tunic top or two, both to cover up and for air flow! and heck no, im not packing any heels on my trip! i have a couple of pairs of flats that feel like im walking on clouds, i can walk in them all day. i think i'll stick with them :)

Thornton Cleveleys...
reviews: 22
3. Re: Quick Specific Clothing Question

Air flow and comfort are more important than style ;-) I bought a cheap pair of harem pants for travelling in on our desert trip and they were fabulous. Ugly as hell but very comfortable - I just made sure all photos were taken from the waist up!

Have a fantastic trip and feel free to ask any more questions.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
4. Re: Quick Specific Clothing Question

I agree, you're jeans will be fine.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 1
5. Re: Quick Specific Clothing Question

Hi there!

My personal bit of advice for you is to wear whatever makes you feel confortable as long as it is not too revealing or provocative. A pair of skinny jeans won't harm anybody, that's for sure, and if you wear that tunic top, it will be just perfect, simple and decent. You don't have to wear clothes that do not represent you at all and make you feel different in a negative way!

Enjoy Marrakech!

norfolk
reviews: 30
6. Re: Quick Specific Clothing Question

you don't say when you are going. i was there in june/july last year and the temperatures were over 40c [104F]. i prefer fitted jeans, but damned if i would have been comfortable in them then! don't forget - in the medina it is not as though you can pop into macy's to get some fresh air, lol.

i found loose linen trousers worked well.

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 21
7. Re: Quick Specific Clothing Question

Perhaps have a look at some of the film and photo images taken by the many visitors to Marrakech and it's surrounding areas, you can see what others find 'comfortable/ respectable/ stylish/ sensible....'.

It depends what time of year and expected temps when you visit, loose is better than tight for comfort and thin is better than thick if it's hot.

Have a great trip.

Edited: 6:48 am, June 10, 2013
New York City, New...
8. Re: Quick Specific Clothing Question

Im going in September, where Ive read it can get as hot as 90 degrees, relatively in the 80s. Considering ive worn skinny jeans here in NYC in the 80s, 90s and even higher i think i'll live lol i only plan on wearing them on days we are looking to head into the mountains etc. otherwise, i do have maxi skirts.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 36
9. Re: Quick Specific Clothing Question

You can wear anything - they do not frown on tourists' attire unless short shorts, etc.

Garden City, New...
reviews: 33
10. Re: Quick Specific Clothing Question

Just got back on June 16th. Stressed over "appropriate" clothing. Honestly you can wear whatever you are comfortable in. Bermuda length shorts are ok too. As for "tight" pants, no worry. Exercise bottoms were very popular with a t-shirt. I wish i had packed more sleeveless shirts for comfort. Relax, have fun & drink plenty of water.