We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap bars/beer outside medina

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rotherham
cheap bars/beer outside medina

hi members, is there any cheap bars outside the Medina, we know to four in the Medina area, but it would be nice to venture out, and not be ripped off, suggestions please, thanks, bill

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
1. Re: cheap bars/beer outside medina

Hi,

If you cross Avenue Mohammed 5 at the Solaris Café and go down Rue de Mauritainie then right onto Boulevard el Mansour Eddahbi within a minute or so you'll come to a local cheap bar with a courtyard on the right hand side. Cheap beer and tasty kebabs and chips from the kitchen in the corner of the courtyard. Great on a sunny day.

Mostly frequented by local men but not unwelcoming to tourists. A woman would probably feel a bit conspicuous but would not be in any way out of place if with male friends.

I'm not sure what you mean by being ripped off. Prices are what they are and if you know and agree the price how can you be ripped off?

Edited: 5:45 pm, June 03, 2013
rotherham
2. Re: cheap bars/beer outside medina

hi shimmin, my point was why pay £5 a pop, when i could have got the same for £1, limited funds call for

wise measures, at the same time enjoying yourself, we will your try suggestion, on are travels, thanks for

feedback, bill,

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
3. Re: cheap bars/beer outside medina

list of pubs / bars in Marrakech - the more reasonable places are the ones listed as cafe/pub (20 to 35dh for a beer): tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k6…

I know the place Shimmin mentions, it is very much a locals drinking spot (16dh for a bottle of Flag) so I was suprised that it is actually listed on here as Cafe Modele Bar - it has a great beer garden but as mentioned above a female might feel out of place but they will be perfectly welcome. L'Escale on Rue Mauritanie is a similar option.

If you are really ready to rough it and want the cheapest beer in Marrakech then head to Rue Mohammed El Beqal (the part which runs south of Avenue Mohamed V) and there are several locals bars (the most well known is the Samovar), but be warned that this area is a bit seedy and not recommended for females!

4. Re: cheap bars/beer outside medina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 06, 2014