We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling in end of August

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 4
Travelling in end of August

I will be travelling to Marrakech on 25th August 2013 with my husband and our two kids aged 2 and 4. I have been reading reviews about the weather and heat at that time of year and am getting fairly worried and anxious about the holiday now rather than looking fwd to it!! Somebody please re assure me!

Can anyone please advise me on any child friendly activities and excursions from Marrakech. Was hoping to do day trips to Agadir or Essouria beaches as its nice and cooler near the coast. does anyone know how much that will cost and the best way to go about booking it...ie by train, bus or taxi and the prices? And also the Atlas mountain trip...is that possible to do with the kids as I've heard it's an amazing experience?

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Travelling in end of August

August

During August the average high temperature is 36 degrees Celsius with a statistical range of 24 C to 46 C. This falls to an average low of 21 C with a historical range of 13 C to 31 C. The month is mostly sunny with only a 2% chance of a cloudy day.

September

The average high temperature in September is 32 degrees Celsius with an historical range of 21 C to 43 C. The average low is 19 C with a historical range of 1 C to 27 C. This month has mostly sunny days with a 5% chance of a cloudy one.

From WEATHER INFORMATION top tight of screen.)

See 'things to do' in the green navigation bar at the top of your screen for activities, including plenty of stuff for kids. You can easily reach the Atlantic coast by bus two and half hours and about 100 dirhams single - don't know the price for children - to Essaouira for example).

With kids you might like Ouirgane in the High Atlas. This needs to be done by taxi and your riad or hotel can book one for you.

Welcome to the Marrakech forum Mr-MrsLondon.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 71
2. Re: Travelling in end of August

A good thing to do with kids when it is hot is the Oasiria Water Park

the best way to deal with the heat is to wake up very early for sightseeing until lunchtime, then relax in the afternoon/early evening when the heat is at its worst beforing heading out to experience Jma El Fna at night

Edited: 11:42 am, June 03, 2013
London
reviews: 4
3. Re: Travelling in end of August

Thank you guys for your replies. Checked out the Things to do section and seems like we will have to try and cram in as much as we can in 4days and take extra care to avoid being out during midday and early noon.

What time is the main market el fna open till?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 63
4. Re: Travelling in end of August

Hi,

The foodstalls will stay open until around 11.30pm to 12mn.

Taroudannt...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Travelling in end of August

I live in Taroudant which to some extent is a miniature version of Marrakech. As I have done for years, enjoy the early mornings and evenings and do nothing at all in the afternoon, take a nap, read a book, totally relax. I do hope the hotel you have chosen has dependable air conditioning.

London, United...
reviews: 22
6. Re: Travelling in end of August

To travel to Essaouira etc you can use Supratours. They are comfortable coaches used mostly by tourists and are pretty safe. You will have to book the tickets once in Marrakech and its better to do this as soon as you can as on the day if the coach is full you may have to wait for the next coach. Get a taxi and ask for Supratour station and they will know where to take you. Please note, you have to pay for any luggage you carry with you.

London, United...
reviews: 22
7. Re: Travelling in end of August

p.s. August will be hot so ensure the hotel/riad you stay at has air con. I was in Marrakech in April, the temperatures were around 42 degrees Celsius (we were told this was unusual for this time of the year), I was on ground floor in a riad so a fan was sufficient, but my parents room was on the first floor and the fan was no help, so air con is a must.

8. Re: Travelling in end of August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 06, 2014