We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bar for a reasonably priced drink

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Best bar for a reasonably priced drink

Hi there- does anyone have any suggestions for a place to get a beer or a cocktail that doesn't burn a hole in my purse?

By cheap- I mean around the equivalent of £2.50 gbp for a local beer, maybe £5-7 for a cocktail (no fancy vodka or champagne!). Have had a look at the drinks menus of a few recommended touristy bars and found the drinks to be too expensive to frequent every night.

Best wishes

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Best bar for a reasonably priced drink

Cheapest bar in the medina is probably at Grand Hotel Tazi. Entering from the hotel lobby the first lounge is directly head. The second lounge is down a couple of steps. I would not rcommend this one for a solo female traveller (and frankly in the evening the first is no great shakes either). There are several bars in Guilez, not tourist orientated, and with a predominantly male clientele.

I'm afraid that for decent tourist frequented bars you will find high prices, cocktails especially so.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
2. Re: Best bar for a reasonably priced drink

Hi,

You might want to check out the Chesterfield bar in the Hotel Nassim in Gueliz on Avenue Mohammed V. The patio by the pool is a nice evening location and the drinks aren't too expensive. As mentioned above though anywhere tourists go the drinks are going to be dear and the really cheap Moroccan bars are maybe not to everyones taste.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 35
3. Re: Best bar for a reasonably priced drink

Grand Hotel Tazi serves the smaller 250ml bottles of beer at 25dh each, which is much more expensive than places outside Marrakech. This works out at over £12/litre.

Typical prices in local bars outside Marrakech are 16dh for 330ml which is around £6/litre.

Supermarket prices are around 11dh/330ml, whereas Lidl in Spain works out at 2.5dh/330ml.

Blyth...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Best bar for a reasonably priced drink

Try Le Selama, just off the Jmaa El Fnaa 2 No. Flag beers for 60DH and 2 No. Mojito for 160 DH

L'Escale in the new town was the cheapest at 15DH for a bottle of Flag.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
5. Re: Best bar for a reasonably priced drink

check this thread for my recommendations: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k6…

the places I list as 'cafe/pub' have reasonably priced drinks - Cafe16 also has a great happy hour with all alcohol half price

6. Re: Best bar for a reasonably priced drink

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 01, 2014