We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Vacation in Morocco

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 29
Family Vacation in Morocco

Hi-

I am planning a last minute trip with my family to Morocco. Can anyone suggest a great tour guide and driver as well as someone who can help me with my itinerary? My family includes two adults, 3 teenagers and two children. We are planning on flying into Marrakech on June 18 and leaving from Casablanca on June 28th. We have never been to Morocco and I really don't know where to start. Any help and or suggestions would be much appreciated...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Family Vacation in Morocco

A good place to start is by getting a guidebook for Morocco, such as Lonely Planet or Rough Guide. Come back when you have specific questions and a rough itinerary.

Apart from your arrival and departure dates, you have 9 days. Choose 2 or 3 locations, depending on what interests your family, keeping in mind that travel is slow in Morocco. The less time you spend on the road the better.

2. Re: Family Vacation in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:47 pm, October 28, 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
3. Re: Family Vacation in Morocco

Thanks David...

I think 2-3 days in Marrakech would be great. Is there a specific guide and an authentic feeling hotel there that you can recommend? We depart from Casablanca on the 26th so I guess I need to head in that direction. Any suggestions as to where to go and what to see and do? I don't want to spend hours upon hours driving (my children will go stir crazy). What are the MUST SEES in the short span of time that we'll be there?

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
4. Re: Family Vacation in Morocco

Use the green navigation at the top of your screen to provide you with far more information than individuals can possibly provide (although they are good to do so!)

For authenticity you would want to stay in accommodation within the ancient medina in Marrakech, and not in some anodyne modern hotel. See if any of the riads fit your requirements. The tab 'hotels' will help you with this, while 'things to do' provides hundreds of ideas for visits and excursions. Armed with this information you can then begin to tailor your holiday to fit your family's wishes.

Taroudannt...
5. Re: Family Vacation in Morocco

Your guidebook will have a map of places along the coast, but you can also find one online.

Since you depart from Casa, you might want to spend your last night in capital city Rabat, just north of there, or possibly south of Casa at El Jadida, just to make your last day a little less stressful. You might like El Jadida better as Rabat is a big busy city.

Miami Beach, Florida
6. Re: Family Vacation in Morocco

Thank you so much!

Taroudannt...
7. Re: Family Vacation in Morocco

The reason I suggested El Jadida is that it's the sort of place I would likely enjoy although I haven't been there yet. John W (above) who lives there, once told me that there is a lovely promenade along the sea front, and some good places to eat.

That may be a relaxing place to stay on the day before you are due to leave.

Best to reserve your hotel rooms asap, imo.

8. Re: Family Vacation in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 01, 2014