We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current airport dirham rate

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Current airport dirham rate

Hi I can get 13.85 in the uk at the moment. Is the airport rate higher than this?

Thanks in advance

Winchester, United...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Current airport dirham rate

Surely that's the buying rate not the selling rate isn't it?

Best I've got is 11.40

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
2. Re: Current airport dirham rate

out of interest, where are you getting your quotes for Moroccan dirhams in the UK?

Usually you can only buy or sell them in Morocco.

Official rate is about £1 = 13MAD at the moment, but obviously the buy/sell spread will be different to that at the banks and currency exchange

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: Current airport dirham rate

Official rate is 13.112 dirhams to £1.

London, United...
4. Re: Current airport dirham rate

Hi

Yes you are right it was the buying rate.

Thanks for all your replies.

Regards

Taroudannt...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Current airport dirham rate

Dee, don't concern yourself with this.

When you get here, simply use your bank debit card in an ATM machine at the airport, to obtain dirhams. Over on the right side of this page, see Top Questions and the link 'banks and money'.

6. Re: Current airport dirham rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:38 pm, October 28, 2013
Tamworth, United...
7. Re: Current airport dirham rate

We returned just over a week ago, it was 12.46 at the airport

We used the ATM machines on a whole as it was easy but wish we hadn't looking back at our bank statements we got a poor rate, charged a commission and then a non uk cash machine fee so each withdrawal was costing us about £8

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
8. Re: Current airport dirham rate

Ouch. Which bank was that?

Mine charges £1.50 with a reasonable exchange rate and no commission.

Tamworth, United...
9. Re: Current airport dirham rate

Nationwide bank, we have always had a Nationwide account as we travel to Europe a lot and until last year they did free cash withdrawals within Europe but now they have changed it to free travel insurance instead. Time to change banks i think!

London
reviews: 21
10. Re: Current airport dirham rate

Used to have Nationwide, shelby, now changed to Halifax clarity card. Charge is less than 1 pct commission and no withdrawal fee, unless imposed by local bank.