We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

morocco 12 days

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
reviews: 2
morocco 12 days

Hi , we are a couple and travelling to Morocco from the 4th june till the 15th June. i thought of this itinerary. What do you think as i am a bit confused and have to start booking!

12 days in all

arrive- 2 days marrakech

1 day marrakech - Cascade d'ozoud tour

2 days 1 night desert trip from marrakech (can i book tour from my hotel once i am there?am staying at riad venezia)

2 days Atlas mountains ( thought of going alone with public transport and book accomodation for 1 night - is it feasable?)

3 days essaoira from marrakech

1 and a half day marrakech (for last minute shopping) - depart

Please let me know

thanks !

charlene

Malta
11. Re: morocco 12 days

hey , that would be nice, i took a flight from malta to valencia and then to marrakech , i combined flights with ryan air. Thanks all for the very useful feedback! i ll try my best to squeeze everything in! :)

Malta
12. Re: morocco 12 days

So I just booked the first two days accomodation in marrakech ....do i have to book all accomodation in advance? or since its low season i can do it once there? does this also apply for tours? thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
13. Re: morocco 12 days

day trips you can easily book once you get there and in fact you can probably negotiate a better rate once you arrive rather than pay in advance

Im sure you will be able to find other accomodation once you arrive as well, but I would expect that many of the best rated places would get booked up in advance.

Malta
14. Re: morocco 12 days

Thanks for your reply, when u said 'day trips you can easily book once you get there ' does it apply also for the 4 day desert tour??

thanks

C

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
15. Re: morocco 12 days

Yes you can book the desert tours once in Marrakech as well, however for that you might be better off checking the reviews on here (check the Merzouga section) and booking in advance as there can be a big difference in quality of tours from company to company.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 118
16. Re: morocco 12 days

Yea I would say your trip is kinda short, and a desert home stay is minimum 3 days.

I guess you are missing out on the interesting cities to visit like Fez and Meknes. Essaoira seriously you can give it a miss, and I think there's a hidden gem in Morocco too: Chefchaouen.

If you like to see my itinerary drop me a message and I show you my blog.

Malta
17. Re: morocco 12 days

thanks for the info, i went on the Merzouga forum and could not find a tour , i had sent a few emails to Riad Atlas du Toubukal - (400euro for 2 ppl 1 night) sounded expensive . and to camel trekking.com who seems had a good price but is fully booked . I am looking for an average budget. Tried the lonely planet sites too. could anyone give me a hint of a good website i can refer to for the 4 day desert tour?

On another note, thanks for highlighting that essaoira is not that exciting, we may reduce the days there and go the high atlas instead . We like beaches and was thinking to spend the last few days relaxing walking along the beach, medina etc. I read about Chefchaouen and seems bit dangerous and also very stressful

" at the edge of Morocco's marijuana growing region, touts desperate to extract money from travellers can be a serious problem. They can often be quite persistent and sometimes even threatening."

i ll give that a miss but thanks a lot

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
18. Re: morocco 12 days

Hi,

Have a look at or contact www.mountain-travel-morocco.com (I know, but they do actually do desert trips as well!) I have no personal connection with this company but have had good feedback from guests who have used them.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
19. Re: morocco 12 days

Here is the link to the Merzouga section with all the reviews of various tour companies who do day trips (if you find your own way there) or tours:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g304017-Activi…

You can also check the same for Marrakech as there are some reviews there as well - just click 'Thing To Do' in the green bar at the top of the screen and then 'Activities'.

I think some people do miss the different sections under Things To Do (Attractions / Activities / Nightlife / Shopping) as it is not that well set out on Trip Advisor.

Edited: 5:48 am, May 16, 2013
Malta
20. Re: morocco 12 days

THank you! was looking for this page :)