We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

morocco 12 days

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
reviews: 2
morocco 12 days

Hi , we are a couple and travelling to Morocco from the 4th june till the 15th June. i thought of this itinerary. What do you think as i am a bit confused and have to start booking!

12 days in all

arrive- 2 days marrakech

1 day marrakech - Cascade d'ozoud tour

2 days 1 night desert trip from marrakech (can i book tour from my hotel once i am there?am staying at riad venezia)

2 days Atlas mountains ( thought of going alone with public transport and book accomodation for 1 night - is it feasable?)

3 days essaoira from marrakech

1 and a half day marrakech (for last minute shopping) - depart

Please let me know

thanks !

charlene

29 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 38
1. Re: morocco 12 days

"2 days 1 night desert trip from marrakech" - it is too short, you need at least 4 days.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
2. Re: morocco 12 days

You would need to allocate much more time for your planned desert excursion - at least four days/three nights. Your riad will probably be able to arrange this for you.

There is only limited public transport into the High Atlas mountains. Grand taxis can offer more, or a combination of the bus services and taxis. Again your riad should be able to reserve a room for you if you can provide contact details for the accommodation of your choice (there are many locations).

Take the bus to Essaouira - 3 hours and reliable. See:

www.oncf.ma

for timetables.

Blackpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 19
3. Re: morocco 12 days

I agree, a 2-day return trip to Erg Chebbi will be a miserable waste of time (and money).

To put it into perspective, you are looking at spending 3 days in Essaouira which only takes 3 hours to get to. Erg Chebbi takes around 12 hours of non-stop driving and you are only allocating it one night.

If you've used Google maps to check driving times to Merzouga/Erg Chebbi then I can tell you now that they are compeltely wrong. I say this as someone who looked and thought "oh, only 6 hours to the desert" and then discovered I needed to double that time.

The thing about a desert trip is that you are driving through amazing country on the way there and back - it's not just a barren landscape or a motorway. If you don't stop, not only will you be stuck in a hot car for 12 hours but you'll also kick yourself for missing out on seeing great places.

Malta
4. Re: morocco 12 days

Thank you for your answers ! I know its a very long trip... thought since it will be very hot in June we d go for one night just to not miss this experience. ....so two days would not be worth it ?

Malta
5. Re: morocco 12 days

ok, i got my answer , thanks Lalico

6. Re: morocco 12 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, May 13, 2013

Malta
7. Re: morocco 12 days

So you suggest i skip the atlas mountains and just go to the desert tour for 4 days? The desert tour passes to the atlas mountains as well?

thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
8. Re: morocco 12 days

You will go through mountain valleys to get to the desert, there is great scenery but that route will not take you into the High Atlas area. You can easily head there (check trips to Ourika or Imlil) as a daytrip from Marrakech though which then frees up an extra day for the desert trip.

You can also consider cutting your time in Essaouira.

Tamworth, United...
reviews: 39
9. Re: morocco 12 days

We returned last week and did an overnight stay in Imlil which was great but the previous post is right that its easy to go just for a day trip too.

I would love to have gone to the dessert and looked into it but there seemed to be so much travel i decided against it however it might be something we do next time

sacramento
reviews: 16
10. Re: morocco 12 days

My girlfriend and I also going to be in Morocco as a side trip from Spain (returning to Spain and then heading to Portugal) starting on June 4th as well (only for 3-4 days though). Looking into Marrakech and Tangier as the flights are far more reasonable from Madrid. Would definitely like to experience a little more than just the city in the limited time we will be there -- all suggestions welcome.

Char -- maybe we will see you guys there. :)

Reply to: morocco 12 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted