We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to the Atlas Mountains

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34 posts
15 reviews
Trip to the Atlas Mountains

We're off to Marrakech in July. There's a lot of reviews and chat about the 4x4 excursions. Adil's name comes up a lot. Who has been on a trip with him?. We fancy lunch with a Berber family, and would also like to see cascades, do you know this can be done in one day trip?..

Moscow, Russia
3 posts
1. Re: Trip to the Atlas Mountains

Yes this can be done in one day. On the mountains, there are only Berber families. So you will have a chance to have a meal with a berber one. They are warm-hearted.

Edited: 5:49 am, May 12, 2013
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Trip to the Atlas Mountains

Thank you tatiana m.

3. Re: Trip to the Atlas Mountains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, May 12, 2013
Edited: 1:35 pm, May 12, 2013
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Trip to the Atlas Mountains

Hi

My sisters and I who are all over 60 booked a trip with Adil from 4x4 Camel and it was Amazing.I emailed Adil before we went and he emailed me back with the prices.He speaks very good English and the trip is not expensive. We were picked up from our Hotel and the whole day was fantastic. We took some pens,pencils books for the children we met on the way up to the mountains.They were over the moon with them. The best day of our holidays.

If you need any further information please email me.

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Trip to the Atlas Mountains

Hi!

It would be very easy to do a day trip to the Atlas Mountains from Marrakech. If you are particulalrly looking for waterfalls, you will no doubt want to head for the Ourika Valley; above Setti Fadma are some very popular, beautiful waterfalls, although you will need to do a little scrambling up the valley side to reach them.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: Trip to the Atlas Mountains

The previous post at #5 above refers to Setti Fatma. Not as spelt. The cascades at Ouzoud are better.

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Trip to the Atlas Mountains

Hi again,

I apologise for any confusion caused by my use of the spelling "Setti Fadma" found on the Oukaimeden-Toubkal 1:100,000 map: as a keen trekker, I tend to use the spellings on this map series. Pilobolus is, of course, right, when he says that Cascades d'Ouzoud are "better" (if somewhat more commercial); I recommended Setti Fadma to you because of their closer proximity to Marrakech given that you are looking for a day trip. However, if you were happy to travel further, a trip to Ouzoud and a return to Marrakech, too, could happily be accomplished within a day.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,435 posts
52 reviews
8. Re: Trip to the Atlas Mountains

Differences in transliteration are only to be expected given that it's an approximation of an Arabic or Berber word written as how a French person might pronounce it. For example, the small village to the south of Imlil is often referred to on maps as Around, or Aremdt, but I now use the spelling Armed on the basis that's the spelling the locals use.

Amizmiz (pronounced Ams'miz) might be the record holder for different transliterations with Imizmizi, Imizimiz, Imizmiza, Imizmiz, Imisimis, Imismis, Amsmis, Amsmiz, Amismiz and Amezmiz. See http://berberadventures.com/history.htm

Edited: 4:35 am, May 14, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
9. Re: Trip to the Atlas Mountains

With all due respect to Alan Palmer's extensive knowledge of Morocco the (singular, that I have seen!) street sign to Setti Fatma is spelt with one of the Arabic "t's" and not one of the "d's". But Tim is also right of course - variances in spelling abound partially as confusing French pronunciations abound.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
45 reviews
10. Re: Trip to the Atlas Mountains

We are travelling to Marrakech in a couple of weeks and have emailed Advil 4x4 twice now with no repy does anyone know if the email address on the things to do page is correct

Get answers to your questions about Marrakech