We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech weather in July

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blackburn, United...
reviews: 1
Marrakech weather in July

Is the temperature unbearable in July? I have heard it can get too hot. What are the best times to sunbathe? any advice?

21 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
11. Re: Marrakech weather in July

win007, you are completely wrong. I not only have my terrace situated weather station but also an internet link to Marrakech Menara airport. Today there was an afternoon high of 34 degrees. Do not report false information It helps no-one.

Newcastle, United...
reviews: 17
12. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Hi

I think you misunderstood my last reply.I was in Marrakech from the 2nd May until the 10th May not this week.

13. Re: Marrakech weather in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:38 pm, October 28, 2013

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
14. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Records for temperature highs for May 2nd to 10th are as follows:

Thu 22

Fri 23

Sat 26

Sun 30

Mon 34

Tue 34

Wed 38

Thu 38

Fri 38

Marrakech, Morocco
15. Re: Marrakech weather in July

From June to August temperatures are often in excess of 40 degrees and can reach the high 40′s. December, January and February can see sunbathing weather in the day up to 27 degrees with nights as cool as 8 degrees. Spring and Autumn are the traditional high season times to visit Marrakech with temperatures in the high 20′s to mid 30′s. In order to avoid the hot weather you may choose Riads as a place to spend your holiday because most of them have dipping pools which are excellent for cooling off during warm weather in morocco!

Marrakech, Morocco
16. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Hi there!In broad outline from June to August temperatures are often in excess of 40 degrees and can reach the high 40′s. December, January and February can see sunbathing weather in the day up to 27 degrees with nights as cool as 8 degrees. Spring and Autumn are the traditional high season times to visit Marrakech with temperatures in the high 20′s to mid 30′s. If you can't stand excessive temperature you should avoid sunbathing and even walking in the sun when the temperature reaches its highest point, at noon, meaning 11am-4 pm. I suggest you find some other time filling activities which can make the hot weather outsite more bearable. If you choose to stay in a riad you can relax in the pool and have a nice cup of mint tea. The staff will make sure that you have everything you need in order to feel amazing!

17. Re: Marrakech weather in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:37 pm, October 28, 2013

London, United...
reviews: 91
18. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Have been here twice in August for 2 weeks at a time. Its great! You need a good pool, a decent hotel with a/c (!) and shade to hang out. Ideally some grass to lie on. However after dark it all gets moving. What happens is you go out late and come in late getting up at 10 -11am or later. Our local Moroccan Nightclub was empty at 2am and it was only when we were told to come at 3am that it was crowded. The brick walls of the Jemna were too hot to sit on at 10pm. It is a wonderful experience as you get used to the reversal of hours.

We stayed then at Atlas Asni. It is now a bigger hotel but does have grass and grounds and pool -we looked recently. Many good hotels do now not have large spaces to lie around when its very hot (but many have huge pools).Of course you could stay at the Mamounia if you can afford it! Or stay in Palmerie for some of the time.

M'Kesh is wonderful any month. Just came back in late November.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 34
19. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Beware of reports from visitors who have only been to Marrakech a couple of times. Severe temperatures will kill. For example in 2003 when the temperatures in France exceeded 40ºC for a couple of weeks at a time 14,800 people died, see news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3139694.stm

Despite travelling to Morocco for more than 40 years, the hottest I've ever experienced is 43ºC. I can't even start to think what 49ºC in Marrakech is like.

28ºC is really nice

32ºC is as hot as I feel comfortable

36ºC I need to stay by the pool all day with cold drinks

40ºC I want to get out

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 8
20. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Totally agree Tim. I wasn't going to comment as the original post was a few months old.

For people who want to visit in July or August, I really would not recommend it unless you originate from a similar climate.

I have been living in Marrakech during July and August for the last four summers and last July (2012) was absolutely unbearable. 10 days in a row above 44º C with 2 days above 49ºC !! It is an experience that I would not recommend especially if you have no aircon which I don't. It was relentless, ruthless and totally uncomfortable resulting in persistent sweating and a constant unquenchable thirst.

Reply to: Marrakech weather in July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted