We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech weather in July

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blackburn, United...
reviews: 1
Marrakech weather in July

Is the temperature unbearable in July? I have heard it can get too hot. What are the best times to sunbathe? any advice?

21 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
1. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Click here:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293730-i9195-k4870…

If you are a pallid Brit avoid sunbathing between midday and 4 pm. And at any other time use a sun protection factor brand appropriate to your skin. Sunstroke is also possible if care is not taken - I suggest at least four or five litres of water a day. Alcohol aggravates this problem. Do your sightseeing in the mornings and evenings - there is much to see and do. Be aware that the Holy Month of Ramadan starts on July 9th or 10th. Type 'ramadan' into the search box for more information on this topic.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 34
2. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Look to your right and click on WEATHER INFORMATION under 'top questions about Marrakech'. Strongest sun as Pilo writes is between 1200 and 1600, hotest temperature is between 1400 and 1800.

Last July Marrakech reached a new record of over 49ºC.

Newcastle, United...
reviews: 17
3. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Hi

My sisters and I have just returned from Marrakech and it was 45.We were told by the locals it can reach 48 to 50 in July and that there not many trips as it is to hot for the drivers. Marrakech is a wonderfull city and we all had a fab time and we are all over 60 years.Its very safe where ever you go but it is very busy.

If you want any further information please email me.

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Thomas Freddy K, if you have not yet booked your flight, I suggest that you fly into Agadir instead of Marrakech, and stay the entire time on the coast where there is likely to be a breeze.

And yes, if you are planning to come after July 9th, you must not come unprepared for the holy month of Ramadan. A wonderful time for those of us who think it's wonderful ☺

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 34
5. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Win007: it hasn't been over 38C all week. You can't go by the temperature gauges outside banks, these are highly inaccurate. But if you thought it was hot last week imagine how hot it really feels when it's in the mid 40s!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
6. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Tim is correct: the highest recorded temperature in Marrkech was 38 degrees on Wednesday last week. We cannot stress enough that most of the temperature sensors outside of banks are not sited properly and more often than not show false readings.

Thomas Freddy K: the Atlantic coastal towns do tend to be cooler than Marrakech but then so do locations in the High Atlas. If you wish to experience anything of Moroccan culture I would strongly advise against staying in the modern concrete resort of Agadir.

7. Re: Marrakech weather in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:45 am, October 29, 2013

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Yes, if possible fly into Agadir so you are already on the coast, but don't stay there.

Study places north of there in your guidebook.

portsmouth
reviews: 8
9. Re: Marrakech weather in July

I now prefer April and September in Morocco and avoid high summer. This was not always the case as, like many families, we were tied to school holidays and always holidayed in August. One year we experienced 46C in Asilah and despite staying out of the sun and making sure we were well hydrated it really was too much. It is also very busy in August in resorts and on the roads due to the ex-pats returning for their family visits/holidays. I gave my April trip a miss this year as the Easter breaks we had these past two years put me off because it rained almost every day and the sunny days could be counted on one hand, just like our UK summer last year!

Newcastle, United...
reviews: 17
10. Re: Marrakech weather in July

Hi

Sorry to disagree with you about the weather last week in Marrakech.It was 45C I was there and the local news said it was.They also said it was not normal for this time of year as it should have been about 28C.

I believe it is cooling down now.

Reply to: Marrakech weather in July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted