We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Started this thread there are often questions about Marrakech nightlife - I know there are already other threads but many are out of date so here is my list of current recommendations:

Then there is a whole range of lounge bar / restaurants which are suitable for dining and/or drinking - expect to pay UK prices (or even more!) to eat and drink:

Le Comptoir Darna, Gossip, So Lounge, Azar, Djellabar, L'Apero, BoZin, NoussNouss, Jad Mahal etc

For a more casual drink at anytime of the day with a cafe/pub atmosphere try:

Kechmara, O'Mulligans, The Chesterfield @ Hotel Nassim, Le Brasserie @ Le Renaissance Hotel, Cafe Atlas, Cafe 16, Le Chineur, Hotel Tazi.

Nightclubs - tend not to open until after 10pm and dont get busy until after midnight, there is often a cover charge:

Theatro: http://www.theatromarrakech.com/

Club555: beachclub555.com/Marrakech/555marrakech.php

Silver: http://silvermarrakech.com/

Pacha: http://www.pachamarrakech.com/

There are several others but they are mostly of the more 'seedy' variety so I wouldn't recommend them.

If anyone wants to add their personal recommendations then feel free!

74 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
11. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Thanks for the tips.

I'm going with my girlfriend to Marrakech in a couple of weeks and I wanted to know a few things if someone would be kind enough to answer

1. Are the nightlife areas within walking distance of one another (we're staying near Pacha I believe)?

2. Are there any dress codes we need to be aware of? (We're going during the week and not weekend)

3. By UK prices - how does this compare in terms of alcohol? (i.e. £5 a pint?)

4. Are there any Moroccan themed bars where we can find Belly Dancers? i know Comptoir appears to have them but this looks like it caters for people who are eating a meal there.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

12. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:27 am, October 28, 2013

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
13. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

HW J - in answer to your questions:

1. No. If you are staying near Pacha then I assume you are in one of hotels in the new Agdal tourist zone? That is a bit far out from the centres of the old and new towns of Marrakech so a taxi ride away from all the places mentioned in this thread (apart from Pacha nightclub) which are mostly in Gueliz and Hivernage.

2. There is rarely a strict dress code, but people tend to dress up at the clubs and lounge bars.

3. There is a big variety from place to place. Anything between 15 and 90dh for a bottle of local beer is possible. Most of the places I list as cafe/pub charge around £2 to £3 for a beer, more expensive at clubs and lounges.

4. Several of the lounge bars have bellydancers at night - you dont need to eat and can just go for a drink to Comptoir, MonteCristo, Jad Mahal etc

If you let me know what type of place you are looking for then I can recommend a couple of spots.

Birmingham, United...
14. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Nibrika,

Thanks once again for the info.

For context, we'll be there for only 3 nights in the week (Mon - Wed)

In the day I guess we'll be in and around the souks and old town so any places that are good in those areas to get a drink with good prices (beer for me / wine or cocktail for other half) would be most welcome - preferably on a terrace with a good view.

Evening wise, we plan on going to the night market for one night to eat but would like to head out for a few drinks on each night. Would be up for somewhere suitable for couples but a bit lively with a local twist - hence the belly dancing question. and yes, we're staying in the area by Pacha / Agdal

Edited: 3:03 pm, June 10, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
15. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

in the Medina, the cheaper drinks are to be found at Grand Hotel Tazi (although you can drink in much nicer places in Gueliz for the same price - just see the recommendations in this thread) - if you want a terrace with a view then you will pay more at Kosy Bar, Cafe Arabe or Le Salama.

As mentioned, several of the lounge bars (Comptoir Darna, Palais Jad Mahal, Azar, MonteCristo etc) in the New Town have belly dancers and other entertainment most nights, but be warned that drinks are often expensive. Might be worth ringing ahead to find out exactly what time the entertainment is on and then head somewhere cheaper before/after!

Edited: 7:45 pm, June 10, 2013
Buckinghamshire, UK
reviews: 1
16. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

hiya, I am due out to Marrakesh this weekend with a group of 8 girls to celebrate my birthday. I have been recommended BoZin and Jad Mahal which would you suggest ?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
17. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

I'm not actually a big fan of either spot as I think both are hideously expensive and Im a bit of a cheapskate! if I had to pick then I would say Jad Mahal as it is more central and has better entertainment than BoZin.

you can also easily walk from JadMahal to some other nice lounge bars like Comptoir Darna or So Night Lounge. Theatro and Silver nightclubs are also in that area.

Whereas BoZin is way out of town with nothing else nearby.

Edited: 4:19 pm, June 17, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
18. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

by the way, you should check the reviews of each place on here to help you decide - as mentioned, be prepared to spend!

Palais Jad Mahal: tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g2626640…

Bo & Zin: tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g293734-…

19. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Any raves, DJs, house music, techno........ Pills etc?

20. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:27 am, October 28, 2013

Reply to: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted