We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Started this thread there are often questions about Marrakech nightlife - I know there are already other threads but many are out of date so here is my list of current recommendations:

Then there is a whole range of lounge bar / restaurants which are suitable for dining and/or drinking - expect to pay UK prices (or even more!) to eat and drink:

Le Comptoir Darna, Gossip, So Lounge, Azar, Djellabar, L'Apero, BoZin, NoussNouss, Jad Mahal etc

For a more casual drink at anytime of the day with a cafe/pub atmosphere try:

Kechmara, O'Mulligans, The Chesterfield @ Hotel Nassim, Le Brasserie @ Le Renaissance Hotel, Cafe Atlas, Cafe 16, Le Chineur, Hotel Tazi.

Nightclubs - tend not to open until after 10pm and dont get busy until after midnight, there is often a cover charge:

Theatro: http://www.theatromarrakech.com/

Club555: beachclub555.com/Marrakech/555marrakech.php

Silver: http://silvermarrakech.com/

Pacha: http://www.pachamarrakech.com/

There are several others but they are mostly of the more 'seedy' variety so I wouldn't recommend them.

If anyone wants to add their personal recommendations then feel free!

74 replies to this topic
1. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:23 am, October 28, 2013

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Yes it is and just as 'seedy'! Eclectic is a polite term for this (tongue thoroughly in cheek).

Le Comptoir Darna is the correct spelling from the OP.

Edited: 11:15 pm, April 28, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
3. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Yes Diamant Noir is still going!

I haven't actually been there for a couple of years either so can't comment on how it is nowadays, it used to be known as a place popular with the gay crowd but I dont know if that is still the case. On the plus side it will be cheaper for entry and drinks than the the flashier 'in' spots I mentioned above.

I also should have mentioned Cafe Du Livre as a good option for a casual drink - you can get Flag on draft there, as you can at the first 4 places in my 'pub' list - everywhere else it is only bottled beer.

Rome, Italy
reviews: 11
4. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Don't forget:

- SO

- African Chic

- LeBlokk

- Montecristo

- Paradise

Cheers

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
5. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Some good additions to the list there Juve70.

I did mention So Lounge already.

Never been a fan of the music at Le Blokk, but it is a good option if you are looking for a bit of live music.

African Chic and Paradise have a bit of a sleezy reputation as they often attract the 'working girls', but they are easily avoided plus drinks are more reasonably priced than many of the other places, so as long as you know what to expect you can still have a good night out without having to remortgage your house!

Montecristo is similar but without the reasonable prices! I do actually like their top floor bar for a shisha and a drink as they have a retractable roof which means it doesnt get too smokey. I have been told that the place has been revamped recently and is now a good option for dinner so I may pay another visit on my next trip.

London
reviews: 41
6. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

which club plays more rnb/hip hop on a Friday and Saturday?

going to Marrakech this week

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
7. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Theatro on a Wednesday is the only one I know with a proper hiphop night - their Saturday night is pretty mixed and might have some as well.

check the websites in the OP for full listings though

Rome, Italy
reviews: 11
8. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

Lotus Club with it's burlesque spettacle

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
9. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

I would like to add Bert's to my list of places to go for a casual and reasonably priced drink in Marrakech

it is not a new place and I used to avoid it, but I was convinced to go there on Saturday and found out that there is a new manager who has reduced some of the prices (25dh for a Flag beer / 40dh glass of wine) and there are also some Happy Hour (7pm to 9pm) price reductions.

It is also in a good location for people staying in the Old Town (who often struggle to find places that serve alcohol) as it is just outside the Medina walls on the main Avenue Mohamed V next to Muraille De Asia chinese restaurant.

Edited: 2:56 pm, June 03, 2013
10. Re: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:09 pm, October 12, 2013

Reply to: Marrakech Nightlife - Clubs, Lounge Bars and Pubs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted