We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling with children

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Weymouth
reviews: 10
travelling with children

I have travelled with my eldest since he was 2 but this time our youngest will be coming up 6 months. I intend to take everything I need (through experience got this almost down to a fine art) as we have previously travelled to countries where baby items were not readily available however just out of interest can anyone tell me what the situation is in Marrakech? We are travelling with grandparents too who have been to Agadir so we understand about the souks etc prob not being the best place for a baby.

7 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
1. Re: travelling with children

Supermarkets (Acima, Carrefour, Aswak Assalam and Marjane) all sell a wide range of baby items, as do some local kiosks. There is no problem with taking a baby into the souks of the medina but be warned - your progress will be impeded by the number of people wanting to stop you and kiss it!

Edited: 6:00 am, April 25, 2013
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 34
2. Re: travelling with children

Moroccans have babies as well. Can't see why there should be any problems.

We took our nine-month-old daughter to Marrakech in 1984, and I have to admit she got fed up being kissed all the time.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 54
3. Re: travelling with children

My nephew was here at 7 months old and was taken through the souks and the square all the time with no problems (apart from the kissing ;-) Wet wipes come in very handy!

Edited: 7:50 am, April 25, 2013
Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
4. Re: travelling with children

Pampers and huggies are readily available, as are wet wipes, but generally more expensive than the UK. If you need specific branded items be sure to bring them with you.

norfolk
reviews: 30
5. Re: travelling with children

bring something for washing clothes for baby. at a push, baby shampoo will do. the washing powders all seem to be a bit more harsh than we are used to.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 54
6. Re: travelling with children

Hi,

The supermarkets all sell liquid clothes wash and baby shampoo. Don't give yourselves extra weight when you can buy most things here as needed.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
7. Re: travelling with children

Even environmentally friendly liquid washes designed for low temperature cleaning. It's all here including baby shampoos. As shimmin says don't exceed your luggage allowance when there is no need to.

Reply to: travelling with children
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted