We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 6
Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

We were thinking of one of these:

Residence Dar Lamia

Ryads Parc and Spa

Hotel Semiramis

Opinions ? :-)

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

I have stayed at Hotel Semiramis, it is an average 4* hotel, situated in Gueliz. It is a taxi ride away from the Old Medina area (it will cost you anything from 20-50 Dirhams to get to Jemma el Fna square, depending on the taxi driver). The pool area is very nice, the hotel was clean and the staff were friendly (although many of them did not speak any English). The beds were comfortable and the aircon was cold, there was not really much to complain about. The area around the hotel has many modern cafes and places to eat (both cheap and expensive).

I would advise you to also consider staying in a riad in the heart of the Old Medina, it is a totally different experience and one you can only find in Marrakech.

Edited: 5:09 pm, April 24, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

Definately a riad (agreeing with MIB15) - a more personal experience with staff very knowledgeable about local attractions. Much more 'homely' in one way than an impersonal hotel and yet traditional too. Better food too normally, not the bland 'Europeanised' fare of the chain hotels. Saves on taxi fares too as walking to all of the major attractions are possible within the medina.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
3. Re: Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

Hi,

Your three choices are all outside of town and would involve either the hotel shuttle bus or taxis every time you wanted to visit the medina of Marrakech (which is presumably one of the reasons you want to come?)

If you just want a hotel holiday try sending a message through their profiles to a few reviewers of each hotel with specific questions about what you want from your holiday hotel.

If you want a holiday in Marrakech I'd suggest looking at the Hivernage and Gueliz areas of the new town as you can walk from both these areas to the old city or for the "real deal" I agree with the two previous posts that a Riad in the medina itself would be a totally different experience; much more personalised and with an owner and staff on hand to help you plan how to get the most out of your stay (and be there if you encounter any problems).

Edited: 6:40 pm, April 24, 2013
manchester uk
reviews: 22
4. Re: Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

I would choose a riad every time!

5. Re: Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:02 am, October 29, 2013
Northern Ireland
reviews: 14
6. Re: Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

Riad kniza they will collect you from the airport organise an excellent guide look after your every need and deliver you safely back to the airport at the end of your trip. We stayed there recently (2 not so young girls) and felt very safe

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
7. Re: Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

Almost all Marrakech riads arrange transfers for guests whether from the airport, train or bus stations.

London, United...
8. Re: Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

Riad recommendations?

Edited: 7:58 am, April 27, 2013
Leeds, United...
reviews: 27
9. Re: Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

Have a look at Riad Laksiba in the Kasbah quarter. I was there last week with a friend (both girls, but not so young). We felt very safe there and although it's within the medina walls it's away from the hustle and bustle. And more importantly easy to find.

The Royal Palace is in this area and the King is often in residence, so there is a fair bit of security around. The riad is reasonably priced and owned by an Englishman.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
10. Re: Best place for 2 young girls to stay in Marrakech?

Everybody has their favourite place to stay in Marrakech, my favourite is Riad Dar Najat . It is a 5 minute walk away from the square, the traditional Moroccan food is amongst the best you will find in Morocco and there is a nice Jacuzzi on the terrace (to come back to after a hard days shopping in the souks). The owner also has a riad in Essaouira (Riad Bab Essaouira) and is happy to organise your stay so it is split between the two places...........

Take a look at the Marrakech hotels tab, find a few places that look good to you, then email a few of the reviewers to get a feel for what to expect at each riad.

Edited: 2:56 pm, April 27, 2013