We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Morocco Blog with pics

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Watford,UK
reviews: 122
Our Morocco Blog with pics

My farewell to the forum here. You have all been very useful and TA was invaluable as ever in planning our trip.

In case anyone is interested, we have done a blog . Bit wordy and lots of pics, done mainly for our records and family , but if you would like to read ... we hope some of it may be helpful to others !

…wordpress.com/marrakesh-and-the-desert/

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 24
1. Re: Our Morocco Blog with pics

Una,

What a great read your blog is and the photos are super.... Ive really enjoyed sharing your journey, thank you:)

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
2. Re: Our Morocco Blog with pics

Wow, it all looks great, I have not read the blog fully yet, but it has inspired me to do something similar next time I am in Morocco.....the photographs looks wonderful......Thank You for sharing this with us........

Thornton Cleveleys...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Our Morocco Blog with pics

Absolutely loved your blog and the pictures are great. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip and didn't find Marrakech too overwhelming. It just proves once again that a positive attitude and a sense of humour make all the difference when dealing with "hassle" in Morocco.

I think I might copy your "genie on a bottle" photo when I visit Erg Chebbi next month!

ireland
reviews: 16
4. Re: Our Morocco Blog with pics

Loved the blog where did you manage to get the book Shopping Marakech did you have to order from the US as it is out of print

Watford,UK
reviews: 122
5. Re: Our Morocco Blog with pics

Thank you all for nice comments . I sometimes feel blogs like this are like Christmas Round Robin letters and I don't like to impose them on others !

The book Shopping in Marrakech by Susan Simon is showing as available on Amazon.uk. My husband linked to the American site by mistake. I have also seen in it Stanfords in London and in WHSmiths.

I confess I didn't buy one but was give it on loan by Massimo at Riad Les Clos des Arts .

Great book for navigating the souks .

Only drawback was that some of the most highly-acclaimed shops eg Atelier Moro and Kis were closed and opened on appointment only, ie for serious shoppers rather than browsers like myself.

My top favourite shop was Warda La Mouche and I bought clothes for myself and my teenage daughter. Would happily have bought more if I had had the space.

ireland
reviews: 16
6. Re: Our Morocco Blog with pics

Thanks una I saw it on book sites in Ireland but when I went to order it was out of print would not have time for it to get from the US in time saw good and bad reviews for the book but will keepn hunting the maps on your blog were great will print them for when I am lost this time 3 weeks and I will be in morocco

7. Re: Our Morocco Blog with pics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 28, 2014