We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

I'm looking for an authentic and luxurious Riad in Marrakech that is romantic and beautifully furnished. Would like the option of a suite and again emphasis on it being beautifully decorated. Would also love the bathroom to be 'special' with a big bath. We'd also like a TV in the room.

Finally the whole place should ooze tasteful touches; lovely areas to sit and sunbath/relax/eat/dip in the pool with a general feeling of luxury and romance. I've trawled through recommendations on here and can't see the words through the trees anymore.

Also have a maximum budget of £200 per night but ideally the place would be less.

Help and suggestions really appreciated...............

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/…4

You're really only asking the same again. What more advice would you like?

London, United...
2. Re: Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

I'm asking for people's suggestions essentially.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
3. Re: Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

Hi,

It sounds like you just want someone to say this is the one for you! ;-) You have been clear about what you want but someone else's wants and expectations may not match yours. That's why I think your best bet is to send messages to a few reviewers of Riads you like the look of. All but two of the top 20 hotels in Marrakech are Riads with rooms to suit your budget.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
4. Re: Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

The OP obviously has not done sufficient research on the Marrakech forum where shimmin has provided a suitable link. Also what does the OP mean by 'authentic'? There are very few riads that are authentic Marrakech homes, the majority being French style tadelact, boujmat, over decorated and over stuffed with so called Moroccan artifacts including unauthentic rugs and other decorative items that scream 'bad taste'.

Watford,UK
reviews: 100
5. Re: Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

I have just come back from my trip and am about to move on from this forum. I spent AGES last autumn trying to find the perfect riad for my trip.

I think it is tough . But fun too, looking at all the options. I could not afford it this time but I have heard great things abour Riad Noir D'Ivoire and this might fit the bill for you . Otherwise , it might be worth looking at guidebooks or websites for the most hip, fashionable options. Some newspapers have done lists of their tops 10

eg telegraph.co.uk/travel/ultratravel/6088358/T…

Our budget was not as big and we thoroughly enjoyed Riad Clos des Arts , which was outstanding for the service we received from the lovely Italian owners . Tasteful , traditional decor. Largish rooms and decent bathrooms .

By using TA to make our choice we felt we could not go wrong and I would commend it to you.

Am off now to take up a place on the Canada forum in preparation for my next holiday!

Happy travels .

hampshire
reviews: 3
6. Re: Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

Riad kniza should suit your needs junior suites are lovely the staff are amazing nothing is too much trouble it's expensive but worth every penny .breakfast in your room , ironing , ice bucket lemon and tonic delivered to the room for our duty free vodka and all with a smile wonderful place to stay .

7. Re: Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, April 27, 2013
El Jadida, Morocco
reviews: 422
8. Re: Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

AngelaIsATraveller

Whether they give money to charity or not, you have simply provided a link to what is essentially an hotel booking site.

Luton
reviews: 7
9. Re: Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

I would fully endorse Issylo's recommendation of Riad Kniza. Beautiful riad, truly fabulous staff, lovely food.

10. Re: Help to find perfect authentic luxury riad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, May 04, 2014