We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberia Flights to Morocco

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury, United...
reviews: 6
Iberia Flights to Morocco

Has anyone flown recently with Iberia. I have flights to Marrakech from London via Madrid. ??

1. Re: Iberia Flights to Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:05 am, October 29, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Iberia Flights to Morocco

You can fly directly from London to Marrakech. Why choose an airline that is in deep economic problems and subject to frequent strikes?

portsmouth
reviews: 8
3. Re: Iberia Flights to Morocco

Over the years I have flown from London to Morocco with Royal Air Maroc, Easyjet, BMI, British Airways, Iberia and also some airlines which are no longer in business. My preferred choice is Easyjet, not just for price but their cabin crew know how to treat their passengers. From experience, Morocco's national carrier is to be avoided.

4. Re: Iberia Flights to Morocco

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Roslyn, New York
5. Re: Iberia Flights to Morocco

Hi Serrell. I live in New York and travel frequently with my wife for pleasure both in the US and abroad. We are luxury travellers and tend to fly economy, except on very long-hual flights such as Asia or India when we fly business class. We just returned from a great trip to Morocco <Marrakech & Fez> and had the opportunity to fly non-stop from New York ,JFK Airport, to Casablanca on Royal Air Maroc <only non-stop service between NY and Morocco>. After speaking with travel agents, hotel managers/concierges in Morocco and reading websites such as www.airlinequality.com , we absolutely refuse to fly Royal Air Maroc <often lose baggage, good chance of a filthy plane and poor cabin service, etc.>. So we decided to fly from NY to Paris and then Paris to Marrakech on easyJet, and return to Paris from Fes also on easyJet. This was our first experience with easyJet and we had concerns beforehand but heard good things about them from reliable sources. Bottom Line: we were extremely pleased with easyJet: Clean Planes, Sharp Pleasant Cabin Crew, On Time Flights, Fast Baggage Service. Yes, this is a "no frills" airline- seats did not recline, we had to pay for all food/beverage service <very good Starbucks coffee>, had to pay for checked baggage <20 Kilo Limit per bag>, could only bring 1 total carry-on onboard ...but we still thought their fares and service were excellent ! One more thing, we also paid extra for a Reserved Seat which includes "Speedy Boarding"...enter plane first...no fuss, no muss.

EasyJet flies non-stop between London and Marrakech but you say you will be flying through Madrid. I assume this means you will be spending some time here, otherwise it makes no sense to make an air stop here. As some other TA readers have stated, it's public knowledge that Iberia Airlines continues to have serious labor/management issues and frequent worker strikes. They continue to show huge monetary losses and their parent company <which also owns British Airways, which is very profitable>, is taking a very tough stance w. labor. I believe Air Nostrum, a subsidiary of Iberia, flies from Madrid to Marrakech. We flew on Air Nostrum a year ago round-trip between Madrid and San Sebastian, Spain and sure enough, on the day of our first flight, many other Iberia flights at Madrid airport were cancelled due to workers on strike. I have to say our flights were both very good.

I hope I was helpful. Safe Travels !

portsmouth
6. Re: Iberia Flights to Morocco

Easyjet nasty, common and cheap? Wow that's strong! I have never had a problem with them, on countless flights in UK and Europe/North Africa always had nice planes, professional and polite crew. On the other hand, I echo the sentiments of the previous poster regarding RAM. Their crew are very condescending, rude and seem to think they are doing passengers a favour. One flight I boarded the male crew were drinking beer when I passed the galley. Another flight, I was travelling alone with my baby and had booked a bulkhead seat with skycot but they flatly refused to put the skycot up and I passed 3 hours with my baby on my lap, even during the meal service. Read the reviews for RAM on airlinequality.com, not a good representation for a national carrier.

7. Re: Iberia Flights to Morocco

portsmouth
8. Re: Iberia Flights to Morocco

No, I didn't complain, I was younger then, besides I was travelling alone and much too occupied with my baby. However, older and wiser now I would not hesitate to complain these days, but I did vote with my feet and vowed never to travel with RAM again.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
9. Re: Iberia Flights to Morocco

Whilst RAM has improved over the years their product is not as consistent as other airlines. Some of their cabins are impeccably presented, others are well worn.

They now provide in-flight announcements in Arabic, French and English whereas before it was just Arabic and French.

Unfortunately I think the toilet and cabin cleanliness during the flight is down to the passengers on the flight. I was appalled at the state of the cabin at the end of a 7 hour flight last year.

I can understand why they get mixed reviews but I have seen their product improve.

10. Re: Iberia Flights to Morocco

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, April 21, 2013