We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stafford, United...
reviews: 38
Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

Hi,

I am planning to go to Marrakech in the end of August this year. Though I am very excited about the idea of camel trekk tour, lots of people keep telling me that it is too hot to go.

Have anyone done such 3 days 2 nights tour in there during this time of year?

Any recommendations for good tour company? It will be only two of us.

And also, should I book everything before going or some good tour company are still available for last minute?

Thank you,

Jinping

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

Lots of information here:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k3995…

but even though I am acclimatised to the weather in Marrakech I would hesitate going to the desert fringes in August. It's a dry heat normally but even so with temperatures reaching the mid 40's usually it is not for the faint hearted!

Stafford, United...
2. Re: Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

Thanks for the reply, will read through.

First time going there, do not want to miss it even it is a big challenge for me.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 1
3. Re: Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

Will you be there between August 7-16? Join our tour - we are braving it. :)

Thornton Cleveleys...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

If it is at all possible, I would suggest adding at least one extra night on to the trip. It's a long journey and will be incredibly hot and tiring.

Do you have an idea of what you want to do in the desert or where you want to stop en-route?

rochester
reviews: 4
5. Re: Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

I am here now yes its hot but not to bad no ones had any problems

Stafford, United...
6. Re: Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

I am sorry, we are arriving on the 25th... It would be lovely to know some people making a private tour rather going by two of us.... But wish you have a good time!

Do you mind telling me more about you tour experience later? That will help us to make the decision.

Thank you,

rochester
7. Re: Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

Pm you when I get home I took the 4day desert tour so far all OK in zegora now having a beer I get back on the 19th

Stafford, United...
8. Re: Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

Thanks for your posting.

I would love to stay longer, but the rest hotel bookings all done! So 3 days 2 nights is our plan.

About what we like to do is quite simple, we would like to see* Ait Benhaddou Kasbahs* and some desert experience that is it. If there are more than one villages we could see on the way that would be bonus!

Things worry us are:High tempretures. Tour security and quality.

People suggest not booking in advance before going. Some people say last minute quality would not be good.

We really feel stuck.

We left 2nights without any hotels booking. Hopefully, we could find something when we are there for the first two days. But I worry we just could not find any at all.

Shame that TA does not allow people to post and find similar traveller plans. Otherwise that will save us lots of money and hassle. Apparently some tours suggested onTA charges 120 Euros/pp. Too much than our budget.

rochester
9. Re: Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

Security not a problem every one ive met so far have been great feel safer here than the UK I think your going to be hard pushed trying to find a trip on your budget as for heat some people can take it some cannot just keep out of the sun and you will be OK the camel rides are late evening and early mornings send you a pm when I get home all the best.

10. Re: Is that possible to do desert tour in the end of August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 13, 2014