We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

departing essouiria

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield, United...
reviews: 40
departing essouiria

Hi there.

We are flying into marrakech on monday and staying 2 nights and then getting the bus down to essouria for 5 days, our flight bac to uk is 19.30 hrs, what time should we leave the coast to get back to marrakech for our flight home, best to book a return bus i assume, then how do we get from bus depot to airport or is there buses going there?

Many thanks.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
1. Re: departing essouiria

Get the supertours coach that leaves from Essaouira at 9.30am, this means you will be back in Marrakech by 12.30pm and you will have enough time to get to the airport in a relaxed manner, you will have time to look around Marrakech for 4-5 hours.

Make sure you book your return tickets as soon as you arrive in Essaouira, if the ticket office is closed, then get the return tickets as soon as possible (preferably the next morning). Also make sure you arrive for your coach with plenty of time to spare, if you arrive very close to departure, they may well sell your coach seat onto someone else (even if you have booked the seat).

There is another coach that leaves Essaouira at 11.45am, you could even catch that one but I would advise against it.........

I had a 7pm flight from Marrakech, wanted to catch the 9.45am coach but I did not get my ticket (got a bit too relaxed in Essaouira), anyway when I went to the ticket station at 9.15am the coach was full and there were already people on the waiting list, suffice to say I did not get on that coach and had to catch the 11.45am one, got back to Marrakech with plenty of time to spare but it was nice that I had the backup of the later coach.

I think the next coach after the 11.45am is at 3.15pm, that would be too late for you.

Once you are back in Marrakech coach station, the airport is a 15-20 minute drive away, get a taxi, it should cost no more than 50DH. If you have 4-5 hours to look around, consider hiring a driver (with a 7 seater type minibus) for a half day, it should cost you around £40 and you will have somewhere to store you luggage, the driver will pick you up at the coach station, take you around Marrakech and then take you to the airport, it will be a nice way to get some last minute shopping done and a final visit to Jemma el Fna square.

Edited: 11:02 am, April 20, 2013
Wakefield, United...
reviews: 40
2. Re: departing essouiria

thanx. will do as advised but will take the 11.45 to get the morning rays ...lol

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
3. Re: departing essouiria

You should have plenty of time to get to Marrakech airport even if you take the 11.45am bus, but make sure you have a contingency plan if something goes wrong (after spending 5 days in Essaouira, you will be so chilled out).

Try to get to Marrakech airport 2 hours before your flight, the passport control (on entry and exit) can be a complete nightmare at times (it can take over an hour to get your passport stamped), add this to the time it takes to check-in and go through security and even with 2 hours it can become a close call.

At other times it is a breeze going through passport control, it can take 5 minutes..............the thing is, you just don't know what type of day it will be until you get there..........(also spend your Dirhams before going through passport control, they did not accept them in duty free when I was there).

Edited: 1:43 pm, April 20, 2013
4. Re: departing essouiria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:06 am, October 29, 2013
5. Re: departing essouiria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 22, 2014