We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 day 1 night desert trip

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Corby, United...
reviews: 8
2 day 1 night desert trip

Hi

We are going the Marrakech next month and would like some advice.

This is our first time in Marrakech and was looking at doing a 2day/1night tour to the desert - I know the 3day would be better but we haven't got the time.

Can any one advise a decent tour provider or any tips, what we should take etc.

Also if we do this trip, my wife also wants to view the atlas mountains (not walking) :-) will this be covered in the desert trip or is it worth booking a separate day trip?

Any other tips on Marrakech would also be good

Thanks very much

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: 2 day 1 night desert trip

A two day trip will end in tears. Even three days isn't enough, you ideally need to be looking at four or more.

Can I assume you don't have a guidebook or maps, or are you being ill advised?

If you only have two days to spare, you could cross the High Atlas mountains to Ait Benhaddou near Ouarzazate and spend the night there. Then return the same road the next day.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 40
2. Re: 2 day 1 night desert trip

Yes, I am agree with Tim. You would not enjoy of your trip to the desert in two days only and absolutely not have the time to view the Atlas, only very fast look from resting place.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
3. Re: 2 day 1 night desert trip

Hi,

I don't think you'll find anyone on here who would recommend the trip you are looking at (except tour companies or their touts!). 2 days is just not enough time.

4. Re: 2 day 1 night desert trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 20, 2014