We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Marrakech - Where to stay

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Honeymoon in Marrakech - Where to stay

My husband and I have booked a slightly belated honeymoon for 30 july to 6 August this year. We decided to go somewhere completely different for us and booked flights to Marrakech, but we are having great difficulty choosing somewhere to stay. We don't want to stay in a large modern hotel and ideally would like a small intimate Riad but it is our honeymoon and we would like to stay somewhere really romantic but would like a spacious luxurious room. We have tried a few but aren't having much luck - Riad Enja doesn't have air conditioning; Riad Kniza is closed in August; Le Palais Rhoul couldnt accomodate us for the whole week and my husband does not want to move in the middle of our holiday. We are considering the top suite in Villa des Orangers but it is very expensive. can anyone recommend somewhere ? Has anyone stayed at Dar Donab which looks nice on its website ? HELP ??

1. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech - Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:13 am, February 12, 2007
London
2. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech - Where to stay

try Dar Mouassine, lauded as one of the most romantic places to stay in marrakech and damn fine rates too!

marrakech-holiday.com/marrakech/marrakesh_da…

good luck and let us know how you get on!

Lisa H.

monaco
3. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech - Where to stay

you should try palais rhoul, the most romantic place i had never seen... even if it is for only 3 or 4 nights. After you will be able to go in a riad for the last days

stan

uk
4. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech - Where to stay

Please dont stay at Dar Mouasine as we have just got back a few weeks ago and we really didnt enjoy our stay. We were booked there for 5 nights but ended up leaving after 2.

Firstly to get to the place is difficult as in a narrow alley way.

Secondly the room we got - it wasnt very clean - toilet seat had stains on it.

Thirdly, we got there and we got no hospitality. As its a small riad we expected them to be warm and helpful.

Also if you cannot speak french then its a real struggle to communicate.

To top it all off we went out shopping on the second night and got back around midnight and the had to wait over 30mins for someone to open the door. Eventually after knocking, one of the holiday makers let us in as they heard constant knocking on the door. The reason i was given was that the guardian fell asleep.

These are some of the reasons i wouldnt recommend the riad.

I would go to Riad Jonan

5. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech - Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 19, 2009