We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough
reviews: 22
Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

My husband and I will be visiting Marrakech in May and staying at the Riad Itrane. It will be our first wedding anniversary when we are there and we would like to go for a special meal. Can anyone recommend somewhere? We would ideally like a nice authentic meal with wine. Thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

Hi,

Yours should really be in the top questions box as it is asked so often ;-)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k624…

Should help.

Middlesbrough
2. Re: Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

oops ok - thanks for this ;)

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
3. Re: Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

Hey, no oops required, happy to point you in the right direction and if you don't find what you are looking for come back with more questions.

Roslyn, New York
reviews: 8
4. Re: Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

Hello jdavies. My wife and I just returned from a fabulous trip to Marrakech & Fes, last night in Paris. We stayed at Riad Noir d'Ivoire in Marrakech, which I'll be giving a great TripAdvisor review in the near future . Back to your restaurant request: we had dinner one night at Gastro MK at Maison MK. They are #1 restaurant on T.A. Marrakech, but that aside, food & service were very good. Before dinner, you can/should go to their lovely roof-top lounge where they serve small complimentary canapes and liquor is available for sale. For sure, book early and request one of the 2 tables that face their small indoor pool. There may be a picture of these tables online, very pretty. Overall, I would consider the design of this restaurant more modern than "Arabian Nights", but my wife and I found it to be extremely impressive, especially for Morocco...no insult meant. Fixed price 5 course dinner, 55 Euros per person plus drinks. I believe this restaurant may fit your needs. Finally, you say you are looking for "Authentic" cuisine. This is sophisticated cooking and the chef <who came out after dinner to discuss the meal with diners>, takes great pride and certainly uses "Moroccan" ingrediants. If you are looking more for tajines, etc...look elsewhere. However, I can't think of a more Romantic restaurant to celebrate your anniversary. Best Wishes !

Middlesbrough
5. Re: Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

Thank you so much for your advice - I have emailed Gastro MK and asked to make a reservation and will let you know what we think if we manage to get in

Regards Janet

Roslyn, New York
6. Re: Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

Hi Janet, I do hope you get a reservation at Gastro MK. Note, they have very few tables and I have a feeling that they may hold some tables for guests at their lovely Riad..Maison MK, where restaurant is located. Thus, some last minute bookings sometimes become available, as was in our case. I add, your Riad in Marrakech may also have success booking your table. Finally, we had some lovely Moroccan red wines on our trip, good tasting and reasonably priced. Enjoy!!

Best Regards

Alan

Middlesbrough
7. Re: Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

Hi Alan

We have had our reservation confirmed with Gastro MK :) and they have noted our request for a table by the pool. We are looking forward to the trip very much. Good to know about the wines - we were concerned that many restaurants may not serve wine.

Thanks for your help - will let you know what we think

kind regards

Janet

Roslyn, New York
8. Re: Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

Hi Janet, Sounds great. For whatever it's worth, my wife and I <both in our 60's> have travelled extensively over the years <including many "exotic" locations..India, China, Cambodia, Viet Nam & more> but for whatever reason, I found it challanging to get reliable, consistent information beforehand on our trip to Morocco concerning issues such as currency exchange, use of credit cards/ATM's and more. I add, I checked beforehand with excellent sources <and damn I'm good !>. That said, I strongly suggest you use your very good Riad to assist you with arrangements for guides, airport transfers, day-tours, etc. ...as the quality of service in Morocco runs from disatrous to excellent <which is what we experienced>. We loved our trip and everything went smoothly. Overall, we also found the Moroccan people to be very nice. I add, you will have NO problem finding very good restuarants in Morocco that serve alcohol. Bon Voyage..

Alan

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
9. Re: Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

Most, if not all, restaurants catering for tourists and foreign residents serve alcohol, even in the medina. You will not be restricted to just wines either (and as Alan mentions some of the reds are paticularly palatable, but do try the gris as well) as aperitifs and liqueurs are easily ordered too. For beers try the local brands, imported is more expensive and no better.

Edited: 10:08 am, May 05, 2013
Middlesbrough
10. Re: Romantic meal for wedding anniversary

Thank you for this - we will certainly try the local beers given half a chance and also the local wine. After all it's all part of the experience :-)