We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby Clothing in Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 5
Baby Clothing in Marrakech

Hi.

First time traveler to Marrakech here. My niece is being christened Greek Orthodox (so it's a huge party) a few weeks after I get back from Marrakech. She obviously will be wearing a traditional white dress/bonnet for the ceremony, but for the reception, I'd love to buy her something in Marrakech. I was wondering if they make Takchitas for babies? Or if there is some form of formal wear for babies in Morocco and where I could buy it in Marrakech.

If not, does anyone know of any stores with particularly good selections for casualwear for babies in Marrakech?

Thanks!

Michael

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 61
1. Re: Baby Clothing in Marrakech

Hi Michael,

They sell miniature versions of traditional Moroccan clothing and baby babouches in the souks and fixed price artisanal shops in Marrakech for babies and small children. There are also baby shops on the main Avenue Mohammed V in the new town and Marjane and Aswak Assalam supermarkets also carry baby clothes.

As you are coming with babies in mind maybe you won't mind if I mention that there is an orphanage called Espoir attached to Amerchich children and mothers hospital. It is a creche for abandoned babies which would appreciate baby clothes etc. If you are coming with a suitcase leaving space to buy stuff here maybe you could bring some baby things from the States to help? You can Google Espoir Marrakech for details and if you do want to help and have trouble contacting them feel free to send me a message via my profile.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Baby Clothing in Marrakech

The main clothes souks are just to the north of the main square, Djemma al Fna. You will be spoiled for choice for baby items there including 3-pc takchitas.

3. Re: Baby Clothing in Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 14, 2014