We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips to the Sahara from Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seville, Andalucia...
1 post
Trips to the Sahara from Marrakech

Hey we are coming to Marrakech this weekend, there is a group of four of us who want to take a one night 2 day trip to the desert, does anyone have any recommendations of good trustworthy companies we could book with?

We just don't want to get ripped off and wondered if you guys had any recommendations or have heard of any companies to avoid from other travellers!

Many Thanks!

Fran

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,957 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Trips to the Sahara from Marrakech

Hi,

The majority of people recommend at least 3 - 4 days to visit the desert from Marrakech otherwise you spend so long driving it makes for an uncomfortable visit and you can't get right out into the desert in such a short time anyway. Maybe leave it until you have more time.

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
2. Re: Trips to the Sahara from Marrakech

Yes 4 and more days is recommended as Shimmin has illustrated, because 2 days is really limited time so the period of 2 days will be spent only on the road.

Read the reports on this forum link about desert trips recommendations and more on the desert Trips from Marrakech : http://www.tripadvisor.ca/SearchForums?ff=9195&geo=293730&scope=2&q=desert+tour+companies&s=D

Good Luck

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
4,346 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: Trips to the Sahara from Marrakech

One night, 2 days are not enough for your trip into the desert. You need at least 3 days but even that is to short and you will only rush. And don't believe if some even good trustworthy companies want to say you it is OK with one night. It is not OK!

los angeles
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Trips to the Sahara from Marrakech

Fran, I was in the same boat as you and after doing some research and getting advice here i had to change my plans for a 3 day/2 night trip. I guess as the driving distance are so long, for a 1 night trip most of the time will be spent in the car. The one company i kept coming across in my research is journeybeyondtravel.com. i actually just emailed them to see if they could arrange the desert part of my trip.

Corby, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Trips to the Sahara from Marrakech

Hi Fran,

How did you get on with the desert trip and what did you decide to go with in the end?

Thanks

6. Re: Trips to the Sahara from Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 20, 2014