We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centrally located riad

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
reviews: 9
Centrally located riad

I am one of 5 females taking a 4 night break to Marrakesh in December. We are all in our late 40s , in fact the trip is to celebrate my 50th Birthday. We are young at heart but are not looking to 'party, party' , however, somewhere not too quiet and within close walking distance to the restaurants , shops etc. would be nice.

Can anyone recommend a particular area within the medina that would fit the bill? Any recommendation of Riads would also be useful.

Our budget is upper end of lower to mid range as we would like to spoil ourselves without breaking the bank.

One of our party has walking difficulties so it needs to be somewhere accessible with the use of a stick.

Thanks folks in anticipation.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 53
1. Re: Centrally located riad

Hi,

Personally I'd say have a look at Riads in the Bab Doukkala, Dar el Bacha and Mouassine areas of the medina though many like the Kasbah as well. As for Riads you'll have to firstly click on the green hotels tab at the top of the page and have a look. There are so many these days and reviews are often posted by people who have only visited once and can only recommend the particular Riad they stayed in with nothing to compare it with. Maybe narrow the choice regarding price and amenities on offer then send a message to a few reviewers via their profile by clicking on their name and asking specific questions about what you want for your holiday.

Remember December once you get close to Christmas is an extremely busy time of year in Marrakech so booking somehwere early may be wise.

Casablanca
2. Re: Centrally located riad

Yes Near Dar el Bacha is full of riads and Dars, as i'd recommend also El Mouassine too and Dabachi too this are nearest the restaurants, and the heart of the medina close and near all the activities.

For Restaurants, check Dar Marjana, La Maison Arab, Le Tobsile, Villa Flore, La Sultana and Shahraman, this are wonderful restaurants.

From there you can see the nightlife at the Hievernage area it's full of Hotels to have a lovely stay with a drink celebrating your BD.

Have fun and welcome to Morocco.

3. Re: Centrally located riad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 10, 2014