We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to take a camara to marrakesh?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 8
I want to take a camara to marrakesh?

if i take an expensive camera(worth about £250)am i likely to get mugged? charged more in shops? asked to pay for photos? knocked over a broken?

also if they do ask for tips for photos and things how much is normal?

norfolk
reviews: 30
1. Re: I want to take a camara to marrakesh?

do you take it out in london? really, it is no different.

being a tourist, you will inevitably pay more in most shops, except fixed price stores. you need to haggle. and you are unlikely to be as good at it as they are.

you will be asked to pay for photos. try putting 'photos' in the search box....

pam

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: I want to take a camara to marrakesh?

See here for recent advice about photography in Morocco:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k623…

Typing "photography" into the search box (hit the return key) will give you many more threads. Welcome to the Marrakech forum jasminstarr. I hope that you have a great time.

London, United...
reviews: 34
3. Re: I want to take a camara to marrakesh?

I am not a photographer but I certainly take a good camera with me wherever I go. It's certainly not so so large as to be 'professional' looking, but it isn't a tiny thing I can hide a pocket, although I do try to put it in my handbag when not in use. I certainly don't think it has been visual signal for anyone to bump the price up.

On my visit to Essaouira last October I tripped up and hit the ground badly. I'm pleased to say that those that came running were to assist me and check I was OK - not to grab my bag and camera! Unfortunately, I did manage to damage my camera casing but thankfully it still works and I have a wonderful collection of memories because I had it with me. Accident's happen - that's life - but we'd have a pretty boring time if we didn't take some calculated risks now and then!

Go, take your camera and enjoy the wonderful photo opportunities there are for you and your memories.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 290
4. Re: I want to take a camara to marrakesh?

i always take a very NICE digital nikon camers, not small, everywhere i go. if it got stolen or broken..so be it. not an end all, be all sort of thing.

i never feel like anyone thinks more or less of me. i have taken it to barcelona, which is supposed to be "camera heaven"..(stealing ect) and never once felt threatened.

i took pictures all over morocco and it was of no problem at all..

go with ease...you will enjoy your pictures for years to come. have fun.

5. Re: I want to take a camara to marrakesh?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 09, 2014