We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Perfect Riad in Marrakech? Authentc luxury

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
The Perfect Riad in Marrakech? Authentc luxury

Hi All,

I'm looking for an authentic and luxurious Riad in Marrakech suitable for a honeymoon. Ideally we'd like somewhere with romantic suites or large rooms possibly with our own terrace or balcony. The place also needs to have a lovely terrace and pool as well as lots of authentic furnishings and decor. The other thing we'd love so much is a really luxurious bathroom with a tub for 2,

If we were being extra picky, which we are, a lovely restaurant/bar and room service and perhaps a spa or spa treatments on site. I know it's a big ask but we'd really appreciate your help,

Casablanca
1. Re: The Perfect Riad in Marrakech? Authentc luxury

Check La Maison Arab, La Sultana, Ksar Anika, or if you want a hotel see Hotel La Mamounia for a Luxury Stay.

norfolk
reviews: 30
2. Re: The Perfect Riad in Marrakech? Authentc luxury

can't speak for this one, but i found it by accident today, and noticed the baths which are a rarity

http://www.riadmalika.com/

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293734-d3090…

pam

London, United...
3. Re: The Perfect Riad in Marrakech? Authentc luxury

Hi, thanks for this. They are really lovely but ideally we want to spend a maximum of around £200 a night as we would like to go for a week in conjunction with other travel plans we have.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
4. Re: The Perfect Riad in Marrakech? Authentc luxury

I think you misunderstand what a riad is. It's a traditional Moroccan house where all the rooms are organised around a central atrium which is open to the skies. The ground floor of the riad has a fountain and two fruit trees of different fruits, one male, one female (riad means garden in Arabic).

The rooms don't normally have windows that look to the outside of the building, instead the door and windows open onto a corridor that is open to the atrium. So you won't normally get a private terrace or balcony.

Not many have a bar per se, rather a seating area downstairs that in the evening is used for a restaurant, but at other times is for guests to relax, and of course the riad staff will bring drinks to you.

There's probably over a hundred riads in Marrakech, and you can scan through the reviews here on TripAdvisor. Good hunting.

London, United...
5. Re: The Perfect Riad in Marrakech? Authentc luxury

I've literally been trawling through the riads on here and there is so much to choose from it all gets a bit blurry. The balcony or terrace was just a extra wish as i have seen a couple with such features.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
6. Re: The Perfect Riad in Marrakech? Authentc luxury

Hi,

Click on the hotels green tab at the top of the page, you'll find that most of the top 20 are the up-market Riads. Some have a terrace room which offers a bit more privacy and a bit of private terrace space. Remember though that most of the reviewers only have experience of one Riad unless they are repeat visitors to Marrakech. If you like the look of somewhere an idea is to send a message to a couple of reviewers with specific questions about what you want from a Riad. You do this by clicking on their name and a send message option appears on the left of their profile page.

norfolk
reviews: 30
7. Re: The Perfect Riad in Marrakech? Authentc luxury

the riad i linked is under your budget, and some rooms appear to have a small outside space.

London, United...
8. Re: The Perfect Riad in Marrakech? Authentc luxury

Many thanks

9. Re: The Perfect Riad in Marrakech? Authentc luxury

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 07, 2014