We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco itinerary

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
reviews: 2
Morocco itinerary

Hello. I am in the early stages of planning my 10 day Morocco trip, so sorry if some the questions sound redundant. I love the idea of the desert but am just concerned that the travel part will eat up too much into my time and i aint very good in cars for long periods of time. how can i get a glimpse of the desert/mountains without spending 2 travel days. i was thinking maybe a day trip into Erg Chebbi. I would love to see the gorges, is that possible at all, again with the travel time constraints?

I will be coming in from either seville or granada into morocco. i would ideally like to fly into Fez (havent found many flight options) and do the rabat-casablanca-marrakech circuit and back into spain for flight back home. any input would be grealty appreciated. thanks

Casablanca
1. Re: Morocco itinerary

I'd recommend to it in 4 days from Fes to Marrakech via the desert of the Erg Chebbi, visiting the Dades and Todra Gorges, Ait Benhaddou and Ouarzazate, in 4 days will be less driving meanwhile see and experience more of Morocco, so for more information use the Search box and the links below the top asked questions about Morocco, moreover; you have to know that you can not the desert camel ride in 1 day, it take about 7 hours from Fes to Merzouga, and 10 hours minimum from Marrakech to Merzouga.

Have Fun.

Hertford, UK
reviews: 11
2. Re: Morocco itinerary

I've just driven the fez/merzouga/marakech route.

Although technically possible to do each bit in one day, it would be very hard to the point of no enjoyment. And the drive is fantastic, so well worth taking your time over. I would say 2 days minimum for each leg, and if you can spare another, then use it. The drive from merzouga to fez via the riz and middle atlas was a particular delight.

see my reply to 'two girls driving' in this forum for other specific car related stuff.

d

los angeles
3. Re: Morocco itinerary

Thanks for the advice. I am gonna do the desert trip as a 3 day/2 nt. Just emailed journeybeyondtravel to see if they could set that up for me. I will be flying into Marrakech with 3 nts in Marrakech. I read that i could travel to the mountains as a day trip, is that possible? i decided to skip rabat as i am running out of time and will be flying out of Casablanca for home. hopefully this itinerary works. thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 63
4. Re: Morocco itinerary

Hi,

You can certainly visit the mountains as a day trip.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 66
5. Re: Morocco itinerary

yes, you can visit the mountains as a day trip. But not also through the desert. Even 3 days is too little, too short time, bareka. Travel agency can offer you it but don't do it, it is only to sit in the car and not enjoy at all. You come to the desert late at night after long driving and early at morning you have to leave it again without to look you around a little more. You need at least 4 days for to have value from such nice experience.

los angeles
6. Re: Morocco itinerary

Khamlia, i really wish i had more time. i know its going to be rushed but atleast this way i will get to experience a little of something rather than nothing at all. we are going to be exhausted but it should be worth it. thanks for all your feedback.

7. Re: Morocco itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 12, 2014