We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Itinerary Please

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Antibes
reviews: 2
Help with Itinerary Please

Hi,

I am arriving in Marrakech early May. I have up to about 8 nights and don't have a particular city/airport to fly out of yet.

During my time in Morocco I wish to explore Marrakech, maybe visit the Atlas Mountains (is this highly rated to see as I'm a photographer), can you get there by public transport or is it best to arrange a tour as I'm a solo traveller it maybe expensive. Also is there a good local place for a day hike?

I would also like to spend a night in Essouria. And then I am maybe thinking of heading North, is it worth stopping in Rabat for a night? or are there better places along the way? Then I havent heard great things about Casablanca so I would probably go straight through to Fes for a couple nights then fly out of there. Also is transport between these places easy?

I really really appreciate anyones opinion on what is the most enjoyable experience. And if you think I am missing anything really really worth seeing please let me know!

Thank you in advance

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
11. Re: Help with Itinerary Please

go to Imlil from Marrakech

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
12. Re: Help with Itinerary Please

Clare, it might be a better idea to stay a couple of days in Marrakech, then do the daytrip to Imlil, then come back and stay another couple of days in Marrakech, then head out to Essaouira (having the daytrip to Imlil in the middle of Marrakech stay will be a nice break for you from the hussle and bussle of Marrakech).

Staying in Essaouira is a great thing to do, I have done it on my last few trips to Morocco (I have used the Supertours coach on one trip and a private driver on another), Essaouira is a total contrast to Marrakech and you will feel so relaxed there. If you want the details of the driver I have used or where I have stayed in both places, then feel free to send me a private message.

If you get a chance, then do the quad biking in Essaouira, it is so much fun, it made us feel like young kids driving around on the sand next to the Atlantic Ocean...........

13. Re: Help with Itinerary Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 15, 2014