We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a carpet in Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 7
Buying a carpet in Marrakech

I would like to buy a wedding blanket and an ourain rug today or tomorrow as We are in Marrakech for two m ore days then heading home. We will likely need to get the rug sent home via courier. Do I need to check out the seller online before I go about getting anything sent via them? I can't seem to find any shop reviews online.

I did find a reputable looking shop yesterday in the souks but couldn't find any reviews abut him online although his website looked good. Please any tips? Are there any particular souks or streets that we should try in the medina?

Casablanca
1. Re: Buying a carpet in Marrakech

If you just go to the Big Store near La Sultana, there is Carpets and everything with fixed prices, you can just go alone the shop name Bouchiib ask about it once you are near Bab Agnaou, or if you go on a Day Trip to Imlil there is good Berber Rugs by visiting the women Cooperatives.

Good Luck.

2. Re: Buying a carpet in Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 03, 2014