We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating alone in Marrakech?!

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 3
Eating alone in Marrakech?!

Hello,

I am travelling alone to Marrakech in two weeks time - spending 4 nights there. I'm a bit nervous about eating out alone, I will probably only do this at lunchtimes and have dinner in the riad, as I don't want to be out too late! Does anyone have any recommendations for a place where I wouldn't look too out of place. My budget is fairly flexible.

Many thanks,

Fariha

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
11. Re: Eating alone in Marrakech?!

Slightly difficult to find boringFS meshwi (also spelled mechoui in the French style) is behind the bazaar complex on the north side of the square. The easiest way is to walk around the bazaar (which includes the Argana restaurant) and veer left at the end of the buildings, past the olive and preserved lemon shops, and a left hand turn into the derb known as mechoui alley. Lunchtimes only and for dedicated carnivores!

London, United...
reviews: 36
12. Re: Eating alone in Marrakech?!

Thanks. No plans for another visit in the near future but will be doing my best to sniff it out next time I'm there! :-)

London, United...
13. Re: Eating alone in Marrakech?!

Thank you everyone for your replies! I've checked out Snack Toubkal and it looks like exactly the sort of place I need, thanks Nibrika! :)

Unfortunately I don't eat lamb otherwise the meshewi sounds amazing! If only there was a hole somewhere with some cooked chickens in it....

I don't want to have to rely on meeting up with someone in order to eat out really, I did think about taking the hostel route for this very reason but just don't think I could hack it! I may meet people on some tours or just randomly which will be a nice bonus, but will assume that I need to eat alone for the time being!

My riad is in the Sidi bin Slimane area, Any recommendations for any other informal little places would be great.

Casablanca
14. Re: Eating alone in Marrakech?!

do you mean restaurant or other attractions, if you are asking for little informal restuarant then would suggest Villa Flore it's quite small but really amazing inside and the food is superb.

Baltimore, Maryland
15. Re: Eating alone in Marrakech?!

Honestly: anywhere is fine.

London, United...
16. Re: Eating alone in Marrakech?!

Thanks for that Hamid, will check it out!

I've also decided to spend a night or two in Essaouira now, think I will need a break from the hecticness :)

17. Re: Eating alone in Marrakech?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 02, 2014